Three Wishes in a Bra

I learned about the 3 wishes in a bra from Lori Wilde, who calls it Boob Wishes. If you have the National CDs from Atlanta, a great workshop is Guerilla Tactics to Reinventing Yourself by writers Lori Wilde and Charlotte Maclay and Warner editor Karen Kosztolnyik. (track 27, disc 3)

We believe in thinking positive at Magical Musings, and Lori touched on spiritual and positive tactics, while Charlotte talked about practical and funny strategies. Actually, they both crossed over to each other’s side, but a lot of what Lori said resonated with where I am right now. And then there’s her boob wishes…

But I’m going to make you wait for that.:twisted: First, some other things Lori said. When she was orphaned from a Silhouette line, she went 2 Ā½ years without a sale. Every night when she went to bed, she told herself it was “one day closer to the next sale.” I did that last night, although without the “next” in mine. I know I fell asleep with a smile. Positive self-talk is so important.

During this time, Lori also meditated every day and read books on positive thinking . One of the exercises she picked up from WRITE IT DOWN, MAKE IT HAPPEN by Henriette Anne Klauser was to write down 3 things she believed could really happen in the next 30 days. She shared this with a loop of about 30 writers. The book said to put the paper in her pocket, but this was inconvenient for one of the members, who put hers in her bra. They started calling it the Boob Wishes.

I love this! These are the wishes of your heart, and you’re keeping them close to your heart. Lori says it’s surprising how often someone on the loop gets their Boob Wish that month.

I’m not surprised. I’ve got 3 Boob Wishes in the left side of my bra right now, and I’ll do this every day for a month.

Is this all woo-woo to you? Do you believe positive thinking makes a difference? My last question: Who wants to join me in a month of Boob Wishes? (Remember, it has to be things that are really possible, so it’s probably not wise to include George Clooney and a Las Vegas chapel in your list.)

Next month, on November 12th, a Sunday, I’ll ask who got their Boob Wishes. šŸ˜Ž

This entry was posted in Edie's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Three Wishes in a Bra

1. Done. My three wishes are safely tucked into my bra. Lovely post, Edie and here’s to our boob wishes coming true!

2. This sounds like a fun manifestation exercise. Got my three wishes written down.

May everyone’s wishes come true.

3. LaDonna says:

Love this post, Edie! Yep, I’m writing my boob wishes down now. I’m a huge fan of POSITIVE. This is not woo- woo to me. It’s my life! lol. Ah, I was thinking Edie. I could fit a notebook in my bra, mabye I can write more than 3 things?

Michelle and Susan, I’m thinking positive thoughts about your boob wishes. Since I don’t wear a bra at night, I already decided to put the same list under my pillow, so I’ll have it with me day and night. šŸ˜€ It will be interesting to see what happens in a month.

ROFL, LaDonna. Nope, it’s just 3 things, but you can write them more than once if you want. šŸ˜‰

6. LaDonna says:

FYI, don’t use post-its! šŸ˜Æ

LOLOL. Nope, no sticky parts there. šŸ‘æ

Karin, I knew you’d be up for it. šŸ™‚

9. Elisabeth says:

Oh, man. I often have a hard enough time just remembering the bra!
    Okay. Three wishes. I’m in. I’m up for anything. šŸ˜‰

Eli, someone I know (whose name I better not mention) had the paper with the wishes in her bra. The paper fell out of the bra, down into her blouse. She was in a public place, so instead of funbling with her bra, she shoved it into her panties. I told her instead of Boob Wishes she had Vagina Wishes. šŸ˜€

Glad you’re joining us!

11. LaDonna says:

Just so you know, it wasn’t me! I’ve got the notebook, remember?

12. An interesting exercise, Edie. I’ll have to give it a shot. Gotta think on three wishes that I really want to come true. One of them are a gimme, but the other two requires some thought.

13. Patti O'Shea says:

Edie,

I totally believe in the power of positive thinking and in the power of articulating a goal (or goals). We can’t manifest it if we’re not 100% clear on what we want. Writing it down and keeping it in a place (the bra) where we’re always aware of it is a good way to hold the goal front and center. I usually do this verbally by stating my intent at least a few times a week. (BTW, the energy on Earth is more open to manifesting now (and more quickly) than it ever was in the past.)

Patti

14. Elisabeth says:

ROFLMAO, Edie. I can only imagine my DH’s response if he found little notes in my panties.

“Oh, don’t worry honey. Those are just vagina wishes.”

Yeah. Probably wouldn’t fly here.

Liz, I’m sure you’ll think of some great wishes. šŸ™‚

Patti, that’s so interesting what you said about Earth’s energy. I’d love to know more about it.

Liz, I’m working real hard on not saying what I’m thinking. I have a dirty mind. šŸ˜†

My DH would think it’s par for the course. He might even have a few suggestions. šŸ˜ˆ

Oops, I said Liz and I meant Eli. Sorry, I didn’t get much sleep last night. I’m not functioning fully tonight.

18. Rebecca says:

LOL – you ladies are too much. I’m in. Like LaDonna, I have room for more than 3 – what about safekeeping some for others? šŸ™‚ I also believe absolutely in manifesting – I’ve seen it happen to others, and had it happen myself. May all your wishes come true!

Rebecca, very cool! It’s amazing how many positive writers there are. I love it!

20. Lynne says:

Okay, y’all are killin’ me. šŸ™‚

Another place you can put a paper with wishes on it is in the potting soil of a plant. It works particularly well if the plant is really young.

Neat stuff!

Lynne, I’ll try that. I don’t have any young plants, but maybe it will work anyway.

22. Tracey says:

ok – I have my wishes firmly attached. šŸ™‚

Tracey, glad they’re firm. šŸ™‚

24. Theresa says:

Edie,

I’m IN!!

But, um– I’ve just got one concern. What if you don’t got any boobs. Or at least none to speak of? Do boob wishes still work???

šŸ˜†

Maybe I better go for vagina wishes.

25. Theresa says:

Lynne!!

I love the idea of putting wishes in a young plant and letting the plant and the wishes grow.

The timing on this suggestion is perfect. I’ve been planning on buying a couple of plants for my new office. It’s where I do most of my writing. So–what better place to grow my wishes.

I’ll put wishes in three different plants and surround my computer and printer with them. They’re right next to the window. So the lights perfect. I’m going to have to do this this weekend.

Theresa

26. Theresa says:

So everyone,

I’m curious what kind of wishes are going in your bras, or plants. Are they specific? I want this specific agent/editor? Or more general. I want an agent/editor.
    Are you putting in actual writing goals? Just curious how everyone else is going about this.

Thersa, vagina wishes work. Just be careful not to lose it when you go to the bathroom.

Good for you with the three plants. I have too much junk on my desk for that to work. Plus my cat is lying on my deak, on top of the most recent RWR.

I’m putting in all writing goals, and they are specific. But I put down a “fabulous agent”, not specifying a name. I did name the books I want to sell, but I didn’t name a publisher. I’m not limiting myself. “Fabulous” is good enough for me. šŸ˜€

Sorry, I put Thersa, but I meant Theresa.

29. Theresa says:

That’s okay, Edie– I go by anything. šŸ˜†

Okay, it sounds like you’ve got a sound game plan. You can build a career without writing goals, So it makes sense to put those in there. Plus– writing goals are completely acheivable. We can met our goals with committment and descipline.

I don’t allow my pets up at the office. šŸ˜€ the whole reason I rented it was to get away from them without feeling guilty. šŸ˜†

Theresa, that’s how I wrote my wishes. You might want to do yours differently.

My cat waits for me in the office in the evenings. She loves jumping on my lap for a full body massage. šŸ™‚

31. Tracey says:

Well my wishes were firmly attacted – however my boobs aren’t firm (although they are attacted) and I’ve lost my wishes. Now i’ll have to start again.

ROFLMAO. Tracey, every once in a while I have to check. That’s what they call “fallout”. šŸ˜‰