Tuesday’s Child – Finally!

If you’re another writer, I’m sure you will recognize my joy, amazement, and sheer relief at announcing my new release.

Tuesday’s Child has been the manuscript close to my heart for a long time.  It’s in the middle of a series (like how inconvenient is that?) and was a main contender in the Kensington Brava/RT times contest last year (on through the New Year).  The contest kept the manuscript alive for over 8 months and now to finally see the beautiful cover (made with the help of cover artist extraordinaire – Laura Morrigan), makes it real.

What she doesn’t want…is exactly what he needs.

Shunned and ridiculed all her life for something she can’t control, Samantha Blair hides her psychic abilities and lives on the fringes of society. Against her will, however, she’s tapped into a killer—or rather, his victims. Each woman’s murder, blow-by-blow, ravages her mind until their death releases her back to her body. Sam knows she must go to the authorities, but will the rugged, no-nonsense detective in charge of tracking down the killer believe her?

Detective Brandt Sutherland only trusts hard evidence, yet Sam’s visions offer clues he needs to catch a killer. The more he learns about her incredible abilities, however, the clearer it becomes that Sam’s visions have put her in the killer’s line of fire. Now Brandt must save her from something he cannot see or understand…and risk losing his heart in the process.

As danger and desire collide, passion raises the stakes in a game Sam and Brandt don’t dare lose.

Tuesday’s Child is available NOW!  This is my first novel, after seven nonfiction books published both through traditional and indie channels. The print version will be available in August!  Book 2, Hide’n Go Seek, will be released by the end of July.  Before then, though, Dangerous Designs, one of my favorite YA books, will be going up.  When?  That book is slated for release on  June 30th – if not earlier!

My summer is slammed full of writing, with a short story and a novella due along with five novels and three nonfiction booklets slated for release (If I don’t drop dead first) and all the work and promo that  entails.  And that’s okay – because I love what I do – and that makes it all worthwhile.

So what are you going to do this summer? :)

About Dale Mayer

Dale Mayer writes romantic suspense, with or without paranormal elements like TUESDAY'S CHILD (2011) and now young adult books in various genres like DANGEROUS DESIGNS (2011). Writing stabilizes her in a life gone wild! The other stabilizers? Cheesecake and her four cats! Of course, she's dreaming to think she'll get a piece cheesecake once her four kids find out she's been baking!
This entry was posted in Dale's Posts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Tuesday’s Child – Finally!

1. Mia Marlowe says:

Congrats on your release, Dale. I remember you well from the Writing with the Stars Contest!

I don’t have any firm plans this summer, no cruises to tropical climes scheduled. Instead the DH and I plan to run away together for short trips. Next week we’re headed to the Big Apple to see the daughter of a friend of ours sing the role of Christine in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on Broadway. It’s just a down and back train trip and overnight in Manhattan, but it’ll be a grand adventure.

I’m hoping we’ll make it to Vermont this summer too. It’s the one New England state I haven’t visited yet. Anybody know a good B&B?

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Mia!

Thanks! It’s great to see you here. I loved blogging with you ‘back’ then. Seems like so long ago and yet just yesterday!

Running away for short trips sounds even better. I’d love to go see Phantom of the Opera. That sounds like great fun! Hope you have a great time.

Dale, so exciting! Congratulations!!! I went to Amazon to buy it, but Tuesday’s Child wasn’t there. I hope it’s up soon! I love that cover, too. You and Laura are so talented.

I have to write a novella, too. :mrgreen: I also more than usual social stuff coming up in the next few weeks, plus my sister and bil will be staying with us for 6 days. It should be fun but hectic.

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Edie! It would be nice if the book was up today but I didn’t think it would make it in time. Not a biggie, I’ll be blogging about it where ever I can get in!

Lol on the talent. Photoshop continues to challenge me! There’s just so much you can do. Some of my upcoming YAs have unbelievable covers too. My daughter wants print copies for the covers alone! Then she’s my #1 YA fan.

You’re going to be busy with the family and the novella and revising your next book, not to mention spiffing up another book – Galaxy Girls, isn’t it?

• Dale Mayer says:

Hey Edie,

It’s up!!!!!!!! Lol. Yup, I feel like a six year old.

Dale

3. Cynthia Eden says:

Congratulations, Dale! I know there will be lots of folks excited to read this book!
    Cynthia Eden`s last blog was …Cover Time

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Cynthia!

Thanks! I wouldn’t have made it as far in the Brava contest without you! I’m so happy that the book is going up and not tossed back forgotten into a drawer!

Dale

Wow. Sounds like a winner book, Dale. Can’t wait to get my hands on it. Right up my alley with the psychic twist.

Congrats on your release and on the cover. Gorgeous.

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Liz,

Glad to hear it! I have five books like this. Lol. I’ve always had a fascination with all things metaphysical – these books just seemed to happen naturally.

5. Awesome cover, and I know the story will be just as thrilling. Wishing you all the success in the world.

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Sylvia!

So nice to see you here. Thanks for the compliment and best wishes. I’m excited to finally be here.

Although Laura did make some horrible suggestion that I should ‘paint’ my covers. Shudder. :)

6. Congrats, Dale!! So thrilled for you.

7. Dale, whoo-hoo!!!!!
    Congratulations on the release of Tuesday’s Child! So excited for you :razz: .
    Wishing you many, many sales!
    Marilyn Brant`s last blog was …Contest Winner &amp A Visit to Austen Authors

Thanks Cynthia! I appreciate the support. I’m happy to be taking this next step. It seemed the natural choice after all my career books.

9. omg! that looks good! And I love the cover.

Like you, i’ll be writing when I can! But with my son home and people constantly visiting, I won’t have much time.

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Lori!

Thanks. I love the cover too! Writing with family is a huge challenge. I have four kids at home and my doors seem to be revolving. It’s fun but I have to write and work when I can. I was up at 4 yesterday. Accidentally of course! But once up, I stayed and worked.

10. So, so thrilled for you, Dale! And wow, what a schedule. I wish you every success.
    Michelle Diener`s last blog was …In a Treacherous Court Featured on Publishers Weekly BHB Blog

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Michelle,

I know, it’s crazy. Talk about being an overachiever. I’ll just shoot myself now! Still, if I can’t make, then I’m okay with pushing things back a bit. Thanks so much for your support and best wishes.

11. Joan Leacott says:

Geez, you’re one busy gal, Dale! Your cover is beautiful. Did you use the kid’s poem when creating your title? The one with :Tuesday’s child is full of grace…”

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Joan,
      I love that poem! I was going to put it on the first page, then decided against it. I may yet do more with it.

I am busy – but I prefer that!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

12. M. A. Golla says:

Awesome, Dale!
    Laura hits another one out of the park with her cover, too!
    M. A. Golla`s last blog was …FOODIE FRIDAY-Chicken Alfredo

• Dale Mayer says:

Hiya Margaret,

Laura is incredibly creative. There’s no doubt about that. Being a cover artist gives her even more reasons to play with her (and our) books – legally! Gotta love that.

Thanks for stopping by.

13. Amy Atwell says:

Congrats, Dale! This is a super story–the kind that makes me curl my feet up under me because I don’t want “getting” me. Definitely edge of the seat. Best wishes on the release. Like you, I hope to have my own new release this summer–maybe next week!

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Amy,

*happy wiggle* Thanks for your kind words. I’m super excited about this stage of my life. I’m cheering you on Amy. How about you release Ambersely next week and I’ll release Dangerous Designs the week after!

Such fun!

Many congrats, Dale! The cover is beautiful and I like the blurb. ;-)

Here’s to many sales, and I hope you don’t drop dead from your summer schedule!

Ahh Misty, couldn’t have that blurb without you! Love the tag line too. You are truly a natural when it comes to that stuff.

Thanks for the best wishes. This is truly an exciting time for me!

16. Hey, Dale, I am sorry it took me a while to get here! I took a side trip, as usual!
    I am so proud of you! You jumped into the deep end!