Title Help!

I’m excited about getting such a great title for my new book from StrangeAngel, STARDUST MIRACLE. The book should be published in May, I hope, along with a novella. StrangeAngel will be the recipient of a book. A lot of other wonderful titles were suggested, and I’m keeping them in mind for future books. If I use them, I’ll send the first person who suggested the title the book.

Thanks to all of you! You are the best!

I finished the first draft of my new book that will be out in May. It’s a new series, more mainstream than my paranormals, with magical elements. My working title is THE MIRACLE, but I wonder if it sounds inspirational, which would mislead readers.

I’ve gotten title suggestions, but nothing that sounds right to me. I’d love to get more suggestions. If I use a title mentioned here, I’ll give the first person who suggests it a copy of the book when it’s out, either digital or print. I’ll be at the RT Convention in Chicago this week – and I hope I’ll see you there! If there’s a winner, I’ll announce the winner’s name here by Friday.

The series name is Miracle Interrupted. The story starts out with people getting out of church and seeing written on the filthy windows of parked cars, one letter per car:

A  M I R A C L E  I S  C O M I N G

The pastor’s wife, the main character, sees sparkles and no one else does.  She soon finds her husband with a parishioner – and prayer isn’t the reason the parishioner is on her knees in front of him. The wife leaves her husband and moves in with her sister while she sorts out her life.

From there, all sorts of things happen. Good and bad. There’s a dog, a puppy and a kitten in the story. Most of the story happens in a small Wisconsin village called Miracle. The main character’s father owns and operates a cheese factory, which employs half the people in the village.

The main character will have two romantic interests. Some serious stuff will happen. Some not so serious stuff. And some hot, romantic stuff.

Here are some suggestions I’ve gotten:

Serendipity
A Series Of Fortuitous (or Serendipitous) Instances?
Her Lucky Stars (That was suggested because of the sparkles. My CP liked it too, but I’m not sure it will fit the book)
Miracles Sparkle
The Sparkle of Miracles (My CP said, “Can you tell I like the word ‘sparkle’?”)
The Shine of a Miracle

Here are some I thought of:

The Miracle
Maybe Miracles
There May Be Miracles
The Cheesemaker’s Daughter

If you like any of the titles mentioned, let me know, please. Now I’m eager to hear your suggestions!

This entry was posted in Edie's Posts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Title Help!

Edie, this series sounds interesting and very entertaining! My vote would be for Her Lucky Stars, but I’m curious to see what readers come up with for you. Always nice to get fan input. :)

Congrats on this new book and here’s to many sales!

2. Beverly Ovalle says:

Here’s a few. I was having a brain spew!
    What happens in Miracle

Hidden Sparkles

Seeing Sparkles

3. Donnell says:

Edie, is Mister Miracle taken. I love that cover and the superhero look. I’m terrible at titles. Good luck!

• Edie Ramer says:

Donnell, it’s not taken, but it wouldn’t fit my book. Maybe a future book… I’ll keep it in mind. Thanks!

I love the cover, too!

4. Leigh Morgan says:

I like her Misbegotten Miracle and Her Lucky Stars. Sounds like a wonderful and fun series. Can’t wait to start reading!

• Edie Ramer says:

Leigh, I owe you for the great series title, and you’ll definitely get a free copy. That’s the fourth vote for Her Lucky Stars. I’m not sure if Misbegotten Miracle would fit this book, but I love the alliteration and will keep in mind for a future book.

5. Edie, I often put a potential title into the search engine of amazon. With the lagest data base besides Ingram, if the title I put int here doesn’t come up … I consider it as something I can use that has not been hacked or shopped everywhere. Hey, did you know there is also a Miracle, Alaska and they did a movie about it?

I just put this into the search engine at amazon and didn’t get a hit. Maybe you can try it on and see if you like it: When Miracles Happen.

Good luck and have fun with this :)
    florence fois`s last blog was …Plot vs. Character-My Guest Throw-down

• Edie Ramer says:

Flo, I do the same thing with titles! I do remember the Miracle, Alaska title from seeing ads for the movie, but I’d forgotten about it. I like your title suggestion. Thanks!

6. Hummmm…..
    More Than a Miracle
    (MC’s name) Miracle
    and I still like Her Lucky Stars
    ;-)

• Edie Ramer says:

Laura, your suggestion of Her Lucky Stars seems to be the favorite so far. I did think of Becky’s Miracle. I’ll put it on the list. Thanks!

7. 101StrangeAngel says:

Hey Edie! Great to hear of a new book coming out and I’m sorry I havn’t posted any comment’s on Wattpad lately. Sorry, got a distracted mind at the moment, so back to le problem. I’ve thought about and here’s what I’ve come up with.

Spark(s) of a Miracle
    Glimmer of a Miracle
    Wisconsin’s Miracle
    Hidden Sparks of a Miracle
    Star Dust Miracle

I’ll try come up with more if I can and I hope your well! :razz:

• Edie Ramer says:

Strange Angel, I LOVE Star Dust Miracle. That is definitely high up on my list. Thanks!

Actually if I wrote a book with angels, I think Strange Angel would be a great title. lol

8. 101StrangeAngel says:

Really!!!??? *squee* I’m so glad you like it, I thought that would be a good one ^.^

Hahaha, nice, I actually have this name for three reason’s.
    1. I love angels
    2. I’m strange (and LOVE Emily the Strange books)
    3. It’s also an inspiration off one of Lili St. Crow books, fantastic writer :D

• Edie Ramer says:

Hey, I’m a bit strange, too. :twisted: I never read Emily the Strange books. I’ll check them out. Great series title. In fact, Strange Miracle(s) might be a good title for a future book. I’ll put it on my list for future books, with your name. If I use it sometime, I’ll send you the book.

I’ve heard of Lili St. Crow often. I’ll definitely check her books, too. Thanks again!

• 101StrangeAngel says:

Haha :D Yeah they are pretty good, dark sense of humour and interesting plot. In case you do decide to read them The Lost Days is the first book really buggged me when I went the store ‘cuz I didn’t know which book was first or last, so I had to have it looked up hahaha. Wow that\’s does sound good :D Strange Miracle’s Spark? Lol a little add on from me ^.^

Haha she is good :D I recommend the Dante Valentine and Jill Kismet series if your looking for adult books, though the Strange Angel’s series is a young adult but also amazing as well :D I think I was destined to read the Strange Angel series for some unknown reason… I think you can take a guess as to why hahaha XD And no problem, always willing to help out!

• Edie Ramer says:

Thanks for the recommends. When I return from RT, I’ll check them out.

I’ll put Strange Miracle’s Spark on my list, but so far I’m loving Start Dust Miracle.

9. Lilac Wolf says:

Cheesy Miracle? I’m sorry, the cheese factor made it pop in my head. But unless it’s a humorous novel, probably not. I do like The Cheesemaker’s Daughter.
    Lilac Wolf`s last blog was …Up Cat and Up Dog

• Edie Ramer says:

Lilac, it’s not humorous, though it has some humor in it. (Even when she catches her husband and the parishioner, which wasn’t a happy moment for her.)

I liked The Cheesemaker’s Daughter, too. It might get the attention of readers who love cheese. Thanks!

10. 101StrangeAngel says:

Awesome :mrgreen:

Awww shuck\’s :3 thanks again and hope you\’ll find that perfect title :D

11. Edie,

Just like Donnell I’m not good at titles. Of the many mentioned Cheesemaker’s Daughter caught my attention and Stardust Miracle.

But I would offer (you know I’m bad at titles) this one: Your Miracle or Mine?
    Casey Clifford`s last blog was …Golden Eggs and Easter Memories

• Edie Ramer says:

Casey, of course Cheesemaker’s Daughter caught your attention. You’re a Wisconsin girl. :)

Your Miracle or Mine? wouldn’t fit this book, but I’ll put it on my list for future books, with your name next to it.

12. 101StrangeAngel says:

Oh! Random thought, about the book that has angel’s in it. Angel Heart? Or Angel Mine? Haha another weird thought by me :3

P.S. Thanks for the compliment on Stardust Miracle Casey ^.^

13. How about “FORECAST: Sparkly with a touch of Miracle”?

14. Edie, my brain is in meltdown mode at the moment. I’m sorry, maybe when I see you this week I’ll have the synapsis firing again.
    Karin* Tabke aka Harlow!`s last blog was …CAPA Winner!

15. Chris Mattice says:

Her Lucky Stars is my favorite – a close 2nd is Star Dust Miracle. Not an easy choice for you Edie.

• Edie Ramer says:

Chris, Her Lucky Stars seems to be a favorite, but in the book, something tragic happens to a character. I’m not sure if that will fit the “Lucky” in the title. Thanks!

16. Sorry Edie. You KNOW I sux at titles. No suggestions EXCEPT unless this is an inspirational romance, you might want to stay away from titles that sound like IR. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.

• Edie Ramer says:

Cyndi, good idea. I think my blurb makes it clear that it’s not inspirational. I hope it is! I got dinged on my paranormal romance by a couple Amazon reviewers because my characters thought about sex. And compared to a lot of paranormals, mine are kind of tame.

17. Susan M. says:

I really like what I’ve read so far about it. I thought of a few possible titles, but I’m not sure if they’re okay.

A Town (or Village in this case) Called Miracle

Do You Believe In Miracles?

18. Susan Viereck says:

How about the title New Beginning or Fresh Start or Second Time Around. Don’t know if that is any help. Good luck with the new book,. :shock: ;-) :|

Susan, I like those, too. Thanks!

Well, you got my suggestions … so I won’t add any here. Told ya I was lame on titles. :???: Looks like you’re getting some pretty good suggestions here, Edie. One is sure to click.

• Edie Ramer says:

Liz, I think I know which one I want. I’ll let it simmer a few days. For the others, I’ll save them and the name of the people who suggested them. I might use them on another book in the series.

21. Edie, your story’s premise sounds really intriguing!
    I like Serendipity. As for titles that I can think of…hmm…off the top of my head:
    Miraculous
    A Season (or Month or Year) of Miracles
    Where Miracles Happen
    A Town Called Miracle
    Mrs. Miracle
    Miracle Dust
    When We Believe
    Marilyn Brant`s last blog was …Authors in Bloom Giveaway Hop!!

• Edie Ramer says:

Marilyn, they’re all good, though Mrs. Miracle has already been used – by Debbie Macomber. I thought there was a movie and looked it up. Sure enough, it was a Lifetime movie, I think, with Doris Roberts playing Mrs. Miracle.

22. bn100 says:

The story sounds very interesting.
    How about:
    Unanticipated miracle
    Unannounced miracle
    Unknown miracle
    Miraculous events
    Magical miracles
    Wisconsin miracles
    Return to Miracle

• Edie Ramer says:

BN, I put these on my list. I really like RETURN TO MIRACLE. It wouldn’t fit this one, but for future books, if someone returned to town, that might be a great title. Thanks!

23. Pingback: Party time! - Edie Ramer » Edie Ramer

24. Liz says:

If she dumps the bum/pastor, Escaping Miracle?

25. Breila says:

I like Misbegotten Miracle myself.

Hi everyone! I’m at RT Booklovers Convention. I’m unable to log into my Magical account, so will post the winner’s name on Sunday or Monday, after I get home. But in case anyone checks in the comments, the title will be Stardust Mircle. Thanks to Strange Angel for the name!
    Edie Ramer`s last blog was …Party time!

• 101StrangeAngel says:

OMG!!!!!!!!OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.O Thank youuuuu!!!! I’m so glad you liked itttt!! hehehe :D

• Edie Ramer says:

Angel, I loved the title the moment I read it. But I said I’d wait until Friday, so had to wait. As soon as the book is out, I’ll send it to you in the format of your choice.

There were a lot of other suggestions made that I’ll save for future books. I’m so glad I asked for help!
        Edie Ramer`s last blog was …Party time!

• 101StrangeAngel says:

Awesome ^.^ one tiny problem… I have no idea what to choose for format, and confused O.o sorry lol, I’m not much of a computer whizz haha