Sunrises and Sunsets

I’ve always viewed sunrises as the world waking up and saying, “Good morning!” to me and sunrises as the world saying, “Good night and sleep tight!”

I rejoice at reaching the end of my day – usually a day of chaos, and crave the down time that comes with late evening.  And every night I bounce out of bed to see what beautiful sunrise I’ve been graced with on the next day.

October sunrise in Kelowna

I love to wake up in time to see the morning wake up with me. Although I find March and November the hardest months to do this. Waking at 5 am throughout the summer is the best. You’ll often find me out walking in woods enjoying the fresh air and

As my kids are getting older, it’s been waking them up in the morning to watch the sun come up. Funny how it’s never a problem getting them to watch sunsets, though! :)

I also relate the imagery of the start and end of a day on my projects, and with Maddy’s Floor now live (the contest for an ecopy is still open here) I liken that project to the sunset. It’s finished. It can rest (or I can!)

And the next day, the next sunrise, I have a new project to start.  Now in my case I have a lot of sunrises and sunset always rising and waning. I wanted to share some beautiful pictures taken from my neighbourhood.

These first two are sunrises from my neighbourhood. The last two are sunsets from outside the front of my house. Both were taken by my son.

This last one is my favorite – mostly because of the unique light. This one is after an evening rain.

Isn’t the light stunning?

But not everyone loves early mornings and late nights like I do. So many of us are one or the other.

My kids have switched from later nights to early mornings!

Are you a sunrise or sunset person? Early risers or early sleepers? Or do you enjoy both? What do you to enjoy this time of day!

Just a note – I have four books on for FREE today if you are looking for something to read! Hide’n Go Seek, It’s a Dog’s Life, In Cassie’s Corner, and Career Essentials: The Resume are all available for free download from Amazon.com.

About Dale Mayer

Dale Mayer writes romantic suspense, with or without paranormal elements like TUESDAY'S CHILD (2011) and now young adult books in various genres like DANGEROUS DESIGNS (2011). Writing stabilizes her in a life gone wild! The other stabilizers? Cheesecake and her four cats! Of course, she's dreaming to think she'll get a piece cheesecake once her four kids find out she's been baking!
This entry was posted in Dale's Posts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Sunrises and Sunsets

Unfortunately, my windows are situated so that if I’m indoors I don’t see the sunrise or sunset. I love both and can’t choose one over the other. It’s like choosing tiramisu or key lime pie. A tough decision.

I am an early riser but part of it is that my dogs wake me up.

Beautiful pictures, Dale. I love both sunrises and sunsets. In Florida, they were the best. I had a clear view of the east from my bedroom patio door, so I often laid in bed to watch the sun rise. Now that I’m back in the Midwest, I don’t see as many of either, but with summer coming, I’ll be outside more in the morning and in the evening, so I’m looking forward to enjoying the colors and peacefulness of those moments.

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Misty,

I keep hearing about how nice Florida is and sunsets are certainly a big point in their favor. I would love to have glass doors in my bedroom. The idea of looking out to such a large view would be wonderful.

The sunsets are such a perfect time of the day for. We often drive the 10 minutes to the lake and swim as the sun is going down. It’s so peaceful.
      Dale Mayer`s last blog was …4 books for FREE today and tomorrow!

3. I love both and most days I’m up to see the fabulous sunrises over Lake Michigan. If I want to see sunsets I must get away from our home as we have tall old trees that block the actual sunset. However, if the sunset is spectacular, I’ve learned the lake water changes colors and shadings as do the clouds which will reflect some of the unique colors and shadings of the sunset.

I often post photos I’ve taken of both and they do inspire me for some scenes in my books.
    Casey Clifford`s last blog was …Destruction Runs Amok

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Casey,

It’s that special combination of sunset and water that draws me to the lake close by in the evenings. Add in the waves and a breeze and the colors dance all around.

The evening is a stress reliever for me. I sleep so much better after going.
      Dale Mayer`s last blog was …4 books for FREE today and tomorrow!

4. Chris Mattice says:

I love sunrise when I’m home and the beautiful sunset when I’m on vacation at a stunning beach -

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Chris,

I need to go on more vacations. I don’t know if I’d sleep longer as my days wouldn’t be so overfull or if I’d stay up later and enjoy the evening longer knowing I could sleep in!

Thanks for stopping by!

5. George Harrison says:

I love both sunrises and sunsets. But I think I prefer sunrises a little more than the sunsets.

-George
    George Harrison`s last blog was …how to seduce a woman

6. My head says being an early bird is the way to go, but my heart, body and soul like to stay up late and wake up late.

a sunset girl all the way!
    Karin* Tabke aka Harlow!`s last blog was …CAPA Winner!

7. I love sunset!

And I love that pic your son took, Dale. It’s wonderful.