I’m ready for Halloween.

Is that wrong? I mean, I know it’s only August, but, already, my mind has turned to images of carved pumpkins, cackling witches, and flying bats.

I’m a Halloween girl. Always have been. Always will be. Sure, some folks are annoyed that, as they do back-to-school shopping, they have to pass the aisles that are already lined with things that go “Boo!” at them.

But I’m not annoyed. I’m thrilled. I’ve actually already bought a ton of new Halloween goodies. (When it comes to these goodies, I am weak!)

I love to decorate my house (as early as I can) with my ghosts and goblins. This year, I’m planning to go very scary. ;) My son is six now, and he’s asking to make a haunted house. YES! I have long waited for the year when I could do a haunted house with him! My trick or treaters had better beware.

Maybe it’s because I write paranormal stories for a living. The Halloween season always gives me a boost and makes those words flow faster as I type.

Or maybe it’s just because I’m monster obsessed. I “relax” at night by watching scary movies.

Or maybe it’s just because Halloween is fun.  Getting to pretend to be someone else. Spooky stories late at night.  Candy corn. Ah, the wonder.  ;)

Are you ready for Halloween? Ready for some chills and thrills?  I sure am!

Happy haunting!

Cynthia Eden

About Cynthia Eden

Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a two-time finalist for the RITA® award (she was a finalist both in the romantic suspense category and in the paranormal romance category). Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over thirty-five novels and novellas. More information about Cynthia can be found at www.cynthiaeden.com.
This entry was posted in Cynthia's Posts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I’m ready for Halloween.

In my next book, my heroine lives in what the natives call the Witch’s House. So as I read about your haunted house, I thought of that. Not that you look in any way like a witch. More like the young fairy godmother – with a twist. lol I could put you as a villainess in one of my books.

I wish I lived closer to you so I could stop by. You’ll share pictures, right?

Same here, Cyn. Love Halloween … although perhaps not to the extent that you. Weather permitting, I usually sit on the front stoop and carve a pumpkin while the kids come to the door for treats.

It’s such a fun holiday for both children and adults. I look forward to it and unfortunately, my little darlin’ has decided that she’s too old to go trick or treatin’ anymore. :sad: I loved taking her. She’d be after the candy and I’d be after a beer or winecooler. :wink: In my neighborhood, I once scored three beers while going house to house.

3. I love Halloween too! And fall! That’s the one thing i really miss since moving to the S. part of the US from the N… the fall! I’m def. ready for these upper 80 degree days to be gone!

4. Amy Remus says:

I like the jump out and scare you type of stuff, but that is about it. My sister liked horror movies and being 3 years older she would make me watch them. They scared the crap out of me. Do you dress up? I assume if you did, it would be something scary, not a princess in white, right?

• Cynthia Eden says:

I love to dress up! Each year, I hold a big party for my son and his friends during the day (usually on a Saturday), then at night–while all of the party decorations are still up–I throw a party for the adults. ;) Love party time! And scary costumes are always the best!
      Cynthia Eden`s last blog was …Wed or Dead? Time to HOWL FOR IT!

• Amy Remus says:

I have always wanted to go to a Halloween Party (adult) but never had any friends that had one. I bet yours would be fun!

5. My husband loves Halloween. I like it, but I love the time of year it falls. Football season!

6. Lori says:

I LOVE Halloween!! I’ve always wanted to do a big, fun haunted house! I remember reading years ago about special effects artists in LA that did a huge block size blow out an always wished I could do that. But considering how few trick or treaters my neighborhood gets, it doesn’t seem practical, though one of these years, I really would love to do it. Just have to settle on cobwebs, headstones and decorating my house for now :P
    Lori`s last blog was …Grease Frenchie Beauty School Dropout Costume