When I get the opportunity…

I plan on visiting some of the many places that I have stumbled on over the years of rambling through the Internet? Now which places you might ask? Too many! But there are a few that top my lists of places to see in say…5 years. At least one or two would be nice!

Five years is something I can see. A time frame I can work with and a goal that seems manageable. Then again, the last five years seems to go in a blink of an eye. And I can’t remember much that happened either.

New Orleans is one of those. I have friends living in and around the area that I’d love to meet in person. Our digital age means connecting with people all over the world but wouldn’t it be nice if we could just port from place to place for a cup of coffee and a short visit. But as we can’t… I’m planning several road trips. :)

Where else do I plan to go? I hope to visit Barcelona during the big annual regatta. I’m a sailor – just a poor one. :)

I want to go to travel visiting unique tree houses. One such example is this one in Costa Rica. Of course, there are some incredible ones all over the world.

I have to admit that I love unique and odd. And Hotel Kakslauttanen, Finland definitely entices me. I’m Canadian so the cold doesn’t scare me. In this instance, I’d be happy to stay for a night or two.

I can also see myself lazing about here, while I dream up my next book  -LE MERIDIEN BORA BORA, French Polynesia.

One place that makes me think – and I’m not sure I’d want to stay here of its history – but it would be an experience is The Alcatraz Hotel, Kaiserslautern, Germany.

If I ever make it to Bolivia, I’d love to spend a couple of days at the Salt Palace. It seems bizarre that everything could possibly be made of salt! But everything from the walls to the furniture, including the beds are made of salt.

There are so many place that I can’t even begin to mention them all!

Go ahead and dream. I am! :) Where would you like to go? Is there a special place you’d like to visit? A favorite haunt you’d like to return to?

About Dale Mayer

Dale Mayer writes romantic suspense, with or without paranormal elements like TUESDAY'S CHILD (2011) and now young adult books in various genres like DANGEROUS DESIGNS (2011). Writing stabilizes her in a life gone wild! The other stabilizers? Cheesecake and her four cats! Of course, she's dreaming to think she'll get a piece cheesecake once her four kids find out she's been baking!
This entry was posted in Dale's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to When I get the opportunity…

I’ve been to New Orleans, pre-Katrina. Of course I’d love to visit it again, and meet some of our GIAM friends in person. I am really drawn, though, to Scotland, Ireland, Wales, etc. And of course, I’d like to go to England and London. All of Europe!

My next pick would be Australia. I’d love to visit Michelle, but also see other parts of that great country. Back in the states, again, I’d like to go to Maine. It’s another place I’ve been drawn to, and do plan to go there sometime.

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Edie,

I did a lot of Europe as an older teen. I’m hesitant to go back as I’ve heard how much everything has changed! England is a definite place I’d like to go to again though. There’s so much there to see – impossible to see it all!

I’ve been to Australia – absolutely stunning! I’d love to go the surrounding areas though. New Zealand is supposed to be very similar to where I live now.

Maybe next year we can both travel to one of our choices!
      Dale Mayer`s last blog was …Update on books, just released, in progress, and upcoming

A friend of mine was just in Barcelona for a wedding and she said I’d love it there, so guess I’m adding that to my wish-I-could-visit list. I’d love to visit to Italy and France.

3. Amy R says:

Love those pictures, Dale. It seems when most people are pinning craft ideas and food on Pineterst I am pinning pictures of places I want to go (I have that Bora Bora one pinned). I barely make it out of Illinois as it is. Going to Wisconsin or Iowa or Indiana is a vacation for us. However, I would love to go to Europe or Australia. I do like warm, tropical temps so it would be nice to cruise around to some places in the Caribbean. For now, I’ll put on my winter coat and keep dreaming. :)

4. blodeuedd says:

I did not even know about those cool buildings here in Finland :) Want to go now
    blodeuedd`s last blog was …Author Interview: Megan Mulry

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Blodeudd!

Do you live in Finland?? That’s cool. Isn’t it typical though, everyone else mentions cool places in your own country that you never knew about it. I always hear about top destination in Canada and rarely know them myself!

If you got to this place, let us know what it’s like!

5. Amy Atwell says:

Wow, talk about exotic locales! I want to go to Finland now. I’m a sucker for city vacations, and my husband and I want to visit Quebec City, maybe for the winter carnival. We had lunch a few years ago at Piz Gloria, a restaurant on top of The Schilthorn, a big ol’ mountain in the Swiss Alps. It was amazing. I love to travel–it really does feed my imagination!

• Dale Mayer says:

Hi Amy,

I stayed at the village at the base of the Materhorn decades ago. We stayed up all night in coffee shops (open air) to watch the sun rise hit the peak. It was truly a magical memory. I’d love to go back but there are soooo many cool places to see!

I wonder if it would feed my imagination or let me take a break from my imagination!

Okay, that salt house is very bizaare.

Hmm, let’s see. Would love to return to Australia. Lots of friends there. The British Isles are also on my list. NYC a couple of more times and, of course, New Orleans. I like returning to places that I’ve been. There’s a certain comfort level to being somewhat familiar with my surroundings.

Other places?

New Zealand
    Anywhere tropical (i.e. island)
    Hawaii (see above)
    Venice

There are probably lots more, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Hi Liz,

That salt house is crazy! There are even pools and hot tubs in the stuff???? It’s also huge. It’s amazing the places that are out there.

I’d love to go to the British Isles. I have the ability to live anywhere in the British Commonwealth and I’m seriously thinking of moving once the kids are settled.

8. Wow!! That Salt Palace in Bolivia is fascinating, Dale! I’ve never seen that before…
    You probably already know I’m a travel junkie ;) … so I have lots and lots of places on my traveling wish list. I really want to return to two places so I can show them to my son: Venice, Italy and Cairns, Australia. (Really ALL of Italy and ALL of Australia, but if I were limited to one city in each, those would be it!) And I’ve always wanted to see Moscow (especially St. Basil’s) and Dubrovnik (although, after the war broke up Yugoslavia, I don’t know what that city is like now). Oh, and Iceland would be interesting, too! And Bora Bora. And that cool place you showed us in Finland! And…
    Marilyn Brant`s last blog was …HOLIDAY MAN is Here!!

• Dale Mayer says:

To return to Venice would be wonderful! I was there as a 16 year old! And Australia as I didn’t make it to Cairns and really want to. There’s a scuba diver certification in my back pocket somewhere. I’d love to get it back out again!

I was in Dubrovnik at the same time as Venice. Not bothered about returning. Would love to do the Nordic countries though :)

9. Dale, the French Polynesian one and the Finnish one are both spectacular. Let me know when you’re going and I’ll see if I can tag along :)