Are You Ready?

Not for some football, but for Christmas?  For those of you who know me, you know what my answer is always a resounding, NO!  But, this year, my house, with the exception of the monster tree we bought is decorated (waiting for hubby to put the lights on, the pic is of my tree last year) I’m much further along with my shopping than I usually am, and while I do have deadlines, they aren’t killing me.  I’m actually pretty relaxed this year. One of the reasons is that I’m doing a large amount of my Christmas shopping on line.  I took advantage of the cyber Monday sales and in so doing, I’m getting inundated with even more fabulous offers.  I will take advantage of them.

The problem for me isn’t trying to figure out what to buy, I’m a good thoughtful shopper, my problem is doing it.  I do not enjoy shopping.  Period.  So when I do shop, I shop in a few expensive bursts.  I’m not a frugal year round grazer but a gluttonous event shopper.  If I need clothes for a conference, I go buy what I need and then some.  It gets me to the next event.  I don’t save money that way because I buy what I like at the time and it usually isn’t on sale.  But this year, I waited for cyber Monday and I’m glad I did.

My family says I’m difficult to buy for.  It’s a lie.  I like a lot of things, specific brands and labels yes, but it’s not like they have to travel to the four corners of the earth to purchase it.  So, every year when I’m opening a gift from my kids or friends they preface it with, “I hope you like it, you’re so hard to buy for.”  I always like it.  (mostly ^_~)

I suspect this year will be no different, except, I will be done with my shopping before any of them, and they all started last month!  ^.^

So, what about you?  Where are you in your holiday shopping?  And if you could receive just one gift, what would it be?

About Karin Tabke aka Karin Harlow

Award winning author Karin Tabke isn’t just another author with steamy stories to tell, but a cop’s wife who has “seen it all and heard it all.” Karin also writes paranormal romance as Karin Harlow with her L.O.S.T. series hailed as paranormal romantic suspense at its “chilling and sizzling” best.
This entry was posted in Karin's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Are You Ready?

Your tree from last year looks lovely. Ours is up and decorated, but my husband gets all the credit. Our shopping is done, too. I bought one thing online. I would’ve bought it at the store, but it wasn’t available. I’m actually making a gift, so that’s fun. I just need a couple hours to finish it.

If I could receive one gift it would be more hours in the day. :mrgreen:

Hi Karin,

Beautiful picture! My house isn’t close to being as nice, unfortunately. However I did the same as you and did a mess of online shopping on cyber Monday. And I’m so glad I did. I think I have 2 more gifts that I have to go and pick out. I feel much ahead of the game this year!
    Dale Mayer`s last blog was …And the countdown begins! 1 week to Garden of Sorrow!

Yep … I agree, beautiful photo. I’m sure this year’s tree will be just as nice, Karin.

I’m still wrestling with the lights on our tree. Two years ago I broke down and got an artificial tree. I’m at the point where doing the lights the way I like it (i.e. lots and lots of ‘em) was getting too much for me, so we got a pre-lit tree … to which I immediately added about ten more strings of lights to. Problem is, when hubby put it away, he unplugged many of the lights and now I’m having a problem getting them all lit. However, I have the patience.

Not even close to being prepared for the holiday. Did get a lot of my shopping done, though. Cards will be going out soon and I still haven’t even addressed decorating yet.

4. Amy Remus says:

Pretty picture! We have a tree, but haven’t had time to decorate it. Right now I feel like I am watering a giant plant. I love the Christmas season, but hate the shopping. It isn’t like I dislike giving people gifts – I just dislike buying them. I am not much of a shopper. The one gift I want I am receiving! My husband and son braved the Black Friday mess and bought me a new Nook Simple Touch for just $50! I hope you get something that you love!

• Amy, I love my Nook! We just finished trimming the tree last night. I have a few tweaks to make then it will be done and as long as my two cats don’t use it as a jungle gym, I’m good to go. Good luck decorating!
      Karin* Tabke aka Harlow!`s last blog was …CAPA Winner!

5. leighmorgan1 says:

Lovely tree, so bright and cheery! I wish I could say I was ready, but I’m not. I have small things I purchase all year and set aside so the impact of the larger purchases isn’t felt so heavily. I love picking things out for those I love. Lot’s of people are getting handmade candle this year too. It take a long to create them so I hope they appreciate I’m giving a piece of me and my warm thoughts; I think they do :). This is a wonderful post…I smiled all the way through it! Happy Yule, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays! Enjoy!

6. Karin, your tree last year was lovely! My husband loves lots of lights, and he goes wild with them.

I have all my shopping done except for 3 gifts. My two brothers and my BIL. But I’ve booted that over to my husband to deal with, so actually, yes, I’m done!

I was in Hong Kong two weeks ago and I did the majority of my Christmas shopping there. It was such a lot of fun.

I’m looking for the perfect pair of black leather boots. That’s what I’d like for Christmas. :)

7. Since we decided we aren’t buying anything for each other this year, I’m pretty much done. (Or I haven’t started yet, depending on your outlook.) I do need to place an order with Swiss Colony, though. Mom’s getting those chocolate covered potato chips this year if I have to crawl over other people’s broken bodies to get them to her. ;o)
    B.E. Sanderson`s last blog was …NaNoWriMo Pitfall #9

8. Cynthia Eden says:

I am *almost* done–and I’m sure hoping the rest of those items can be ordered online! The malls are getting too busy for me!