Celebrating Hogmanay

I’m in Edinburgh at the moment and got to be here for the Scottish new year celebration of Hogmanay.

I climbed up Arthur’s Seat today for a panoramic view of the city and tomorrow I’m off to Stirling Castle.

I am certainly starting the new year off in interesting places :)

My goals for the new year are to be more focused and produce more work.

Looking back, 2012 was a wonderful year and I’d like to thank my fellow bloggers here at MM, our wonderful readers (with a special wave to Amy R.) and the readers of my books, for making 2012 such an awesome year.

Who in your life made 2012 great?

About Michelle Diener

Michelle Diener writes historical fiction for Gallery Books. Her debut novel, IN A TREACHEROUS COURT, released in August, 2011, is set in the court of Henry VIII. It features the real historical figures of illuminator and painter, Susanna Horenbout, and Henry's Keeper of the Palace of Westminster and Yeoman of the King's Robes, John Parker. A second book, also featuring Susanna and Parker, THE KEEPER OF THE KING'S SECRETS, was published on April 3rd, 2012. THE EMPEROR'S CONSPIRACY, a historical novel set in London during the Napoleonic Wars, is set for a November 27th, 2012 release.
This entry was posted in Michelle's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Celebrating Hogmanay

Have fun on your travels, Michelle. What an inspiring way to kick off the new year.

Amy R was so good to me in 2012, I nominate her for my person of the year! Next would be Edie. She’s always cheering me on and making my inbox a happy place. :)

Michelle, I want a Hogmanay. That sounds so much fun!

Being more focused is a great goal! That’s part of mine, too. I think it goes along with time management for me.

I’ll ditto Misty on Amy R. Also, Dale Mayer. She’s been a huge help as we both go through this indie journey. So has Misty and Amy Atwell. I could probably make my list longer, but I’d better stop there. lol

3. Amy Remus says:

I love hearing about the places you visit, Michelle! I rarely get out of Illinois, much less the country so it is nice to hear about places (and read about them, too).

You guys are all too nice. I appreciate all of you here at MM. I feel like that little girl on the outside of the popular group at school. You guys are like rock stars to me. Whoa, does that make me a groupie? Hmmm, maybe I need to rethink this. Thank you for your kindness! Hope you all have a very good new year!

4. Berinn Rae says:

My critique partner, Elle J Rossi, made a HUGE difference in my life in 2012. Not only is she a great writer, she’s an awesome woman with a kick-in-the-pants personality. I may not have kept my sanity in check without her!

5. Amy Atwell says:

Michelle,
    I’m so jealous–I’ve climbed Arthur’s Seat, and the view is magnificent. What a terrific way to start the year! I’ll remember 2012 as the year I received such lovely letters from readers. They made me smile–and for that, I’m grateful!
    Amy Atwell`s last blog was …Sports As Story

Hi Michelle,

What an awesome way to finish 2012 and start 2013!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and an fantastic New Year!
    Dale Mayer`s last blog was …Upgrading website