Update: Our giveaway winner is…Janet Kerr! Congrats!!!
Did you make some this year? I always try to make a few, and *sometimes* I even manage to stick to them. I make my “big” resolutions, the dream ones, and I make resolutions that I think are easier to obtain. That way, at the end of the year, I can usually say I accomplished at least one resolution. I’m a semi-winner like that.
Here are some of my resolutions for 2013:
1. Learn to say no. Sigh. I am one of *those* people. When I’m asked for something, I have a very hard time saying no. This unfortunate condition often results in me doing things like…making 100 fringed shirts for Native American Day, taking a group of scouts in the woods, staying up until midnight to make party goody bags…I think you get the idea. This year, I will learn to say no–politely, of course.
2. Travel. I love traveling, and this year, I want to visit one place that I’ve never been before. See? That one seems easy enough, right? Probably a lot easier for me to achieve than resolution #1.
3. Exercise. I have to exercise. I spend 8 hours a day sitting in a computer chair, fighting my cravings for chocolate as I write. Without exercise, I’m lost. Last year, I started zumba classes, and they are amazing. I feel more energetic and happier as a result of those classes. My goal for this year? To keep going with those classes–2 or 3 times a week.
4. Write on a normal schedule. Or, well, as normal as I can get. In 2013, I would like to not write on holidays. I think my family might like that, too.
5. Pay it forward. I want to do random acts of kindness more this year. When you do good, you feel good.
6. And six…well, let’s just throw a big one in there for fun. I want to learn how to ski. Since I live in Mobile, Alabama (otherwise known as the home of no snow), that resolution could be a bit tricky…
But what about you? Do you have any resolutions that you’d like to share? I’ll pick one commenter to win a $10 Amazon.com gift card. Good luck with your resolutions!