I’d Rather Be Reading

This is Edie. Liz had an operation on Thursday. She’s doing amazing. When I was visiting her, one of the nurses said she was going to hang out in Liz’s room whenever she got a chance. because Liz has such a great attitude. And because of this, we’re re-posting a blog Liz wrote three years ago. I picked it because it’s exactly how I feel right now, even down to the weather. And, bonus for Liz, she’ll be able to read during her recuperation. And she’ll be reading this, too, so comment! 🙂

I think the title of this blog pretty much says it all, don’t you? Picture it … halfway decent day, i.e., the sun is shining, bit of a breeze, sorta chilly but nothing that a jacket couldn’t fix. Nice patio, folding chair, glass of something (anything) at hand and the latest book by an author whom I adore. Oh, and the little darlin’ is out of down with my brother and SIL. What’s not to love?

photo credit: peterworsley via photopin cc

photo credit: peterworsley via photopin cc

The fact that I have edits to work on, photos to download, this blog to write, another blog at my personal website and a book review I’d promised to another author that I adore.

(Sniffle) There goes my little slice of paradise. To top it off … yesterday I visited my friend, Barbara Vey … blogger extraordinaire over at PW … and she generously loaded me down with numerous ARCs of books I’d been salivating over. With the understanding, of course, that I’d write a blurb for her Wednesday blog. But first, I have to find the time to read ‘em.

When did the weekend become so crowded? It’s getting to the point where I have to go to my day job just to relax. How sad is that? 😉 Seems that every time we take a step forward in this profession, we lose a bigger slice of time. Understandable. Books need to be written, edits need to be done and promotion has to be addressed. All of which requires time.

But we still have to make time to read. After all, it’s the reason so many of us got into this business. Authors we might be … but we’re first and foremost, readers. I’ve actually taken to stealing a few minutes of reading at work. How do you find the time to sneak in a few pages here and there?

Sleep? I don’t need no stinkin’ sleep. 😯

About Liz Kreger

Liz Kreger writes science fiction/romances and to date, has two books published by Samhain Publishing ... FORGET ABOUT TOMORROW and PROMISE FOR TOMORROW. Liz is presently branching out to contemporary paranormals and is experimenting with urban fantasy.
This entry was posted in Liz's Posts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I’d Rather Be Reading

Liz, I’m glad you’re recuperating, and hope you’re getting some reading in. I hope you heal quickly!

• Liz Kreger says:

I wrote that, Edie? Really? Hmm, not bad.

Definitely getting a lot of reading done and even managed to get some writing done here in the hospital. I’m getting cut loose this afternoon, so hopefully I’ll get myself settled to do some serious recuperating.

2. CateS says:

Glad to hear you;’re doing well!!

• Liz Kreger says:

Thanx, Cate. As many may recall, I had a hip reconstruction last summer. There was a complication where the doctors had to go back in to do a slice and dice repair. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. Now — I will have up to 4 or 6 weeks off to recupe. Yes, it will be difficult to behave myself, but I want to get better, so I’ll behave myself and do what I’m told.

It’ll be so difficult taking the time off and do nothing but relax, sleep late, make headway into my TBR pile and yes … I will get as much writing in as I can. 😎

3. Liz,

I always enjoy your posts–even the reruns.

Whenever I’m feeling that life is getting me down, I think of our valor and constant fight. And I soldier on. So glad you’re getting “cut loose” today to continue reading and recuperating at home.

Sending prayers.
    Casey Clifford`s last blog was …Pink Moon and Whiny Oreo

• Liz Kreger says:

Thanx, Casey. Being coddled in the hospital is rather nice, but I am looking forward to getting home. Will be living on the sofa since the bedrooms are on the second floor and the bathroom on the first. Far more practical. I’ll also have to practice control to get writing done. Indulging in a Reading Frenzy sounds really appealing right now.

Hi Liz,

Okay, so hospital and surgery MIGHT let you make inroads into your TBR pile, but that solution so won’t work for me! 🙂 Although the weight of my TBR pile might send me to hospital. Geesh.

Love that line about when did weekends become so crowded. It seems like my weekends are so full, so crowded I can’t get anything done – including a little reading. 🙁

Take care and heal!
    Dale Mayer`s last blog was …New Release! – UNBOUND

• Liz Kreger says:

I hear ya, Dale, ’bout the weight of really anyone’s TBR pile can send most of us to the hospital.

Once upon a time, weekends were relaxing. You’d get home from work on Friday with a sigh of relief; indulge in a beverge of your choice, dinner, and basically begin to recharge. Saturday might be spent catching up on a ton of personal chores and errands. Again you usually find the time to relax at some point. Sunday? Perhaps attend a service of your choice and hopefully spend the day relaxing.

Now? Seems like its run, run, run. Get this done, get that done. Squeeze in that one last chore or errand. Relax? Ha! What’s that?

5. Amy says:

Glad your surgery went well, Liz! I hope I get to meet you in person some day. You always entertain me with your blog posts. As a working mom and wife, I can understand your post very well. I hope you find time to rest and relax for awhile before you have to get back to everything! Praying for you!
    Amy`s last blog was …Review & Giveaway: UNBOUND by Dale Mayer

• Liz Kreger says:

Thanx, Amy. Glad my blogs are entertaining … it’s what I try to aim for. Accuracy, entertainment and hopefully some irreverance. 🙂

And you’re right. Throw in being a wife and mom and you instantly turn your busy weekend into an out of control, non-stop, whirlwind. It’s a wonder we don’t have heart attacks befotr we’re 30 years old. Then again, one can handle wild and crazy alot easier when one is young and spry.

6. Cynthia Eden says:

I hope you heal quickly, Liz!
    Cynthia Eden`s last blog was …Die For Me – Kindle Daily Deal – Only $1.99

7. Liz,
    I hope you’re back home and resting up right now!! (With a book or twelve… 🙂 ) Thinking of you!!
    As for reading, I’ve been trying to sneak in a few pages while waiting for my son at some event or other and, like now, late at night, after I finally get to catch up on reading my fave blogs, too!

8. Kristine Radgman says:

Liz I hope you heal quickly and recuperate by catching up on some books 😉

Liz, you’re productive even in the hospital! I hope you enjoyed reading and writing during your down time, but I also hope you’re back up and getting around okay. Hugs!

10. Editing is the worst! That’s when I read the most, when I need motivation from great books. Take care Liz!