Cats or Dogs?

Coke or Pepsi?
McDonalds or Burger King?

Dogs or Cats2What sort of person are you? Are you a cat person or a dog person? Everyone seems to like a certain soft drink or fast food joint over the other.

Target or WalMart?
Inspirational or Erotica?

Are you the type who has to take a peek at the end of a book to see who done it? Or do you prefer to wade through the entire story to savor the suspense? As a writer, are you a plotter or a pantser?

Fortunately, for all of us, no two people are alike. Not even identical twins. Sure, they may sometimes dress and act alike, but in the end, they’re different. Everyone has personal tastes and preferences. It’s what makes humans fascinating. I love learning about people … and I don’t think that’s just the writer in me. I enjoy people watching in restaurants, and yes, I do unashamedly listen in on conversations if it sound like it’s gonna be interesting. There are those who talk too loud on their cell phones, so you cannot help but hear an entire one-sided conversation.

Apple or Microsoft?
Nook or Kindle?

A writer can make up an entire story just listening to the chatter in a movie theater. And articles in newspapers and magazines? Pure fodder for the imagination. I love it when something catches my eye and sparks that creative corner of my brain. Hell, I’ve written an entire scene based on a five line paragraph in the National Enquirer. If you want something odd or kooky … that’s the place to go. Even photographs can open a world of speculation. Anyone else remember that photograph on the cover of the National Geographic of that Afgan girl taken about twenty years ago? She had the most beautiful big grey eyes. Just stunning. Even without reading the accompanying article, that photograph alone was memorable.

Ice cream

So, what are you? Chocolate or Vanilla?

About Liz Kreger

Liz Kreger writes science fiction/romances and to date, has two books published by Samhain Publishing ... FORGET ABOUT TOMORROW and PROMISE FOR TOMORROW. Liz is presently branching out to contemporary paranormals and is experimenting with urban fantasy.
This entry was posted in Liz's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Cats or Dogs?

1. Liz,

When it comes to chocolate I prefer, white or milk over dark. Though I’ll eat a piece of dark chocolate I don’t have a craving for it.

If one is thinking of color, I love both black and white. And have both in my home deco and closet, not to mention our dog who fits perfectly with my black and white preference.

Hope your summer is going well.
    Casey Clifford`s last blog was …Summer Meltdown

• Liz Kreger says:

Not a huge white chocolate fan … unless its Lindorf chocolate. That’s the only white chocolate I’ll eat. as far as ice-cream goes, I’m more of a vanilla sorta girl. strawberry is also an all time favorite.

Love the idea of Black/White decor. However, I’m too fond of bright colors to go that route. I want in the worse way to redo my house. Just don’t have the time right now.

Can’t we have cats and dogs? I love both. I think it’s the personality of the cat and dog that gets you.

I love snippets of conversation that inspire whole scenes. And I just looked up the picture of the Afghan girl. That’s haunting. You can see an update on her life here.

• Liz Kreger says:

Actually, I had read an update of her awhile ago. She had a pretty rough life … but that’s hardly surprising given the environment she grew up in.

Yeah, of course we can love both dogs and cats. You’re right. Its the personality of the critter that captures your heart. Still, there are some die-hard one or the other people out there.

3. Amy Atwell says:

Liz, you’re so right that these sorts of choices can telegraph a lot about a character. I’m a dark chocolate and French vanilla person, myself. I’m a cat person–though I have nothing against dogs!
    Amy Atwell`s last blog was …Guilty Pleasures

• Liz Kreger says:

If a person doesn’t like dogs, does that make him or her an evil person? No. It’s a matter of preference. I just think the choices people make is fascinating … whether its what they choose on a menu, or the style of clothing they wear. Saw a fresh faced, blond, all-american teen at the mall the other week. She was shopping at Hot Topics. Her choices involved a lot of black, leather and chains. I would have loved to see her in that outfide. 🙂

4. Liz, some people have very distinct preferences about Coke vs. Pepsi, but I must be missing an essential taste bud or something because I’ve never really noticed a difference between them (my husband looks at me at horror when I say that — he’s a Coke guy all the way, LOL). But when it comes to chocolate vs. vanilla, I’m definitely in the chocolate camp!! And I like both cats *and* dogs. 🙂
    Marilyn Brant`s last blog was …Prairie Dogs, Mountain Majesties & Route 66…oh, my!

• Liz Kreger says:

Funny about your husband’s horror. I can definitely taste the difference between Coke and Pepsi and do prefer Coke. There’s something about that battery acid taste that just appeals to me. 😯

I think its personal taste that makes people interesting. Sure, there are those individuals you cannot stand. Because of chocies? Or are they just morons?

If only life were that simple for me! I can never pick a favorite with any category, because depending on my mood, I love both or at least more than one. I love chocolate and vanilla, dogs and cats, pepsi and cherry coke. Ugh!

I also love to read multiple genres and authors. I could never pick only one favorite. 🙂

• Liz Kreger says:

And that’s something else that makes people interesting, Misty. When they go off the reservation on their choices. Pepsi or Coke? Nah … what about Sierra Mist or Dr. Pepper? Mango shorbet instead of plain old boring chocolate or vanilla? Gotta push the envelope, people. Be wild and crazy. Instead of a glass of wine the next time go out to dinner, go with the martini.

6. Amy says:

I am with Misty in that I have my moods. Some things I am strong on like dogs over cats but that is only because my mom is allergic to cats so we never had them and they sort of scare me. Other things like chocolate or vanilla – why not both together? It all depends on my mood. I also found that what I am feeling around “that” time of the month dictates what types of books I like to read. I think it is because I am already a little crabby that I don’t want to feel any more angsty so I tend to read more sweet contemp romance during that time. Afterwards I want to be a little naughty and dangerous so sexy romantic suspense works great. Just depends on my mood!

• Liz Kreger says:

Great way to put it, Amy. Oh yeah, mood definitely dictates our choices. In a mood for an action packed movie … or a sweet romance? Also depends who you’re with. I find myself acting totally differently with some people. 😎 A little more conservative with co-workers and off the wall silly with close friends.

Dark chocolate, cats and ice cream – don’t fuss about flavor I eat it all. The difference is I was a dog person and a milk chocolate person who hated ice cream for the first thirty years of my life!