Magical Just Got More Magical, Tawny Weber Is In The House!

Please join me in welcoming my very dear gf, Tawny Weber to Magical Musings today!

USA TODAY Bestselling author of over twenty hot books, Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first Harlequin Blaze hit the shelves in 2007.  A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.

Girlfriends Rock

There’s nothing in life quite as special as girlfriends.

Dear Abby and Ann Landers made a career of offering up advice.  But for most of us the best advice comes from our girlfriends.

They’re the ones we shop with, lunch with, spa with.  Ooooh, the spaaing!   Girlfriends are there when we need a shoulder to cry on, or a swift kick in the butt.

Yeah, yeah, we can ask our guy if these pants make us look fat. But if he’s smart enough to stay our guy, he’s smart enough to answer with his own well-being in mind.  And I’ve yet to find a (straight) guy whose advice I’d want to follow when it comes to hair and makeup.

Here’s an excerpt from FEARLESS that gives a peek at the kind of girlfriends my heroine, Gia, turns to when she’s bummed and confused…

“What happened, Gia?  You got your fantasy weekend, right?  And your secret identity is still intact.  So why do you look like you were having the best sex of your life, then his penis fell off?”

Even misery couldn’t stop Gia from snickering.  She shook her head at Sara.  “You have such a way with the imagery.”

“Well unless you want me to offer up more appetizing suggestions, you need to spill the deets.  Why are you home early and why do you look like your sex life just died?”

“Seriously.  You need to tell us so we can help.” Caryn insisted.  Then, sharing a look with the other two women, she added, “Because we can’t nag you for the sex details until you’re happy.”

“Or drunk,” Jessa chimed in, lifting the empty margarita pitcher and waving at their waiter.  “So chug-a-lug.”

Gia contemplated her half-finished drink, then decided she’d rather have crunchy grease right now.  She pulled over the bowl of sour cream.  To hell with the calories.  It wasn’t like she ever wanted to get naked again.

“It was incredible,” she finally said again, staring at her chip.  As if talking to it would make it easier to justify how unhappy she was.  Because of incredible sex, no less.  Gia wouldn’t be surprised if the chip laughed at her.  “The sex was great, he has no idea who I really am, the fantasy was even more amazing than I’d thought sex could be.”

She waited, but her friends were silent.

So she ate the chip.

Then, before she could give in and take another one, she glanced around the table.  Sara was chewing on her thumbnail.  Jessa’s eyes were locked on her own drink, where she was making designs in the slush froth with her straw.

And Caryn looked like she couldn’t decide between offering a sympathetic hug, or dumping the nachos over Gia’s head.

“I’m sorry you had such a perfect weekend,” the blonde finally said with an exaggerated grimace.  “I’m sure it would have been better if it’d all sucked.  I know I always hope for lousy sex and total letdown when I set off on a fantasy quest.

It wouldn’t be an ode to Girl Friends if I didn’t give a shout out to the wonderful one of mine whose playing hostess to me today –a big happy hug to Karin!  She’s one of the best girlfriends to have, since she’s not only a fabulous listener, but chock full of great advice and friendly nudges.

Who do you turn to for advice?  Your Girlz?  Family?  Someone else?  What’s the best advice you’ve gotten from a girlfriend that changed your life?

I’ll offer a FEARLESS Goody Pack to one friendly commenter.

Readers can check out Tawny’s books at her website,, or join her Red Hot Readers Club for goodies like free reads, complete first chapter excerpts, recipes, insider story info and much more.

You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.

FEARLESS Launch Party:

Fearless Purchase links:

Barnes & Noble

FEARLESS backcover blurb:

Promising career: check

Amazing apartment: check

The best of friends: check

Sex life: MIA

There’s just one thing missing from Gia Renyard’s life: sexual adventure. And the one man she’d like to have it with is her hot co-worker, Luke Monroe. If only company rules didn’t prohibit her from asking him out. So Gia comes up with a plan: make herself over into a fantasy seductress, follow Luke to a convention in Sin City, and have her way with him for one erotic weekend. The man will never even know who did him.

Everything is going according to plan—until Gia discovers that Luke is perfect for her outside the bedroom too. And suddenly she’s no longer content to let what happens in Vegas stay in Vegas…

About Karin Tabke aka Karin Harlow

Award winning author Karin Tabke isn’t just another author with steamy stories to tell, but a cop’s wife who has “seen it all and heard it all.” Karin also writes paranormal romance as Karin Harlow with her L.O.S.T. series hailed as paranormal romantic suspense at its “chilling and sizzling” best.
This entry was posted in Karin's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Magical Just Got More Magical, Tawny Weber Is In The House!

Love the dialogue! When I read the part about the penis falling off, it was a good thing I wasn’t drinking anything.

I go to my sister or my friends for advice. If it’s really personal, it would be my sister. I have a gay cousin, but contrary to the stereotypes in films, the only problems I discuss with him are computer woes, as he’s good with computers.

Hi Edie 😀

LOL I’m glad no damage was caused by reading the excerpt, but I am glad you liked it 😀

I wish I had sisters 🙂 I have brothers, and while they are great at some things, advice isn’t one of them. LOL on the cousin -one of my cousins is gay and our conversations are always about music.

2. The book sounds like loads of fun, Tawny. I’ll add it to my wishlist. =o)

For life advice, I turn to my mom. The woman’s pretty much lived through it all and she’s never steered me wrong. Plus, she’s my best friend and we talk about everything.

For writing advice, I have my circle of amazing friends and a wider circle of awesome acquaintances who’re always there when I need them. I just haven’t met any of them in person. Thank goodness for the internet.
    B.E. Sanderson`s last blog was …Guest Post: ‘What Kind of Writer Are You?’ by Silver James

• Tawny says:

Your mom sounds amazing 🙂 That’s fabulous that the two of you have such a fabulous relationship!

And YES!! I so hear you on how the internet has made so many friendships that wouldn’t otherwise happen, well, happen *g* Some of my dearest friends are people who don’t leave nearby, who I wouldn’t have met if not for the internet and groups such as RWA. It’s pretty awesome.

and thanks for adding FEARLESS to your wish list 😀

3. I have a small circle of friends I turn to for advice when I need it. Hubby is a great sounding board, but he always wants to fix when I just need an ear.

4. Jane says:

Hi Tawny,
    *waving madly* Congrats on the new release. I actually get a lot of advice from my cousin. He’s a few years older and I bounce ideas off him and he asks for my opinion regarding his love life.

• Tawny says:

Hi Jane *waving madly back* Thank you!!! I’m excited about the release.

That’s fab that you and your cousin are so close and he turns to you for love life advice 🙂 It’s always so cool to have someone in the family like that.

5. Julia David says:

I always go to my mom. She has always been my best friend and has a lot of good advice. I haven’t always taken that advice, but I do listen to what she has to say. Can’t wait to read this book.

• Tawny says:

LOL Julia – oh such wise words our mother’s have 😀 And how often we regret just listening, not following, right? Im the same way. Luckily, my mom has never been an ‘I told you so’ kind of person.

Thanks so much for the release whoohoos 🙂 I’m so excited to have this book out. I hope you enjoy it!

6. Hiya MMers! Hiya Fabulous Tawny! Tawny, every time I

7. Hiya MMers! Hiya Fabulous Tawny! Tawny, huge congratulations on the release of Fearless! I hope it flies off the shelves! I definitely hit the girlfriends for advice! They wear a T-shirt saying, Anna Campbell comes to us for advice! 😉

By the way, sorry for the strange truncated post above. Clearly I need advice on what keys to hit on my keyboard!

• Tawny says:

Hi Foanna and big hugs 🙂 Thank you so much for the book flying wishes – I’m crossing my fingers.

And Ooooooh, what a cool tshirt! I’m going to be watching for those, now, since they obviously give great advice 🙂

8. Helen says:

Whoo hoo loved this story as I have all of your books 😉

I usually ask my girlfriends for advice and they always have the right answers and some of the best advice I have had is if you really want it go for it 😉

Have Fun

• Tawny says:

OH wow, Helen, that is fabulous advice. I love it, and I’m going to hold onto it for myself 😀 You have some very smart friends -and are a very smart lady for following that advice.

And thank you, along with really big cyber hugs, for the sweet words about FEARLESS, and all of my books 😀 You’re the best!

9. Kim says:

Congratulations on the new Cosmo release. I’ve always gone to either my sister or mother if I needed advice. That said, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten advice that changed my life. That’s a pretty tall order. 🙂

• Tawny says:

Kim, thank you so much 🙂

LOL–it does take some extreme advice to change our lives sometimes, doesn’t it? Although a simple nudging sort of advice I was given about 12 years ago did change mine in a major way, since it was what pushed me to try writing 😀 Sometimes it’s the little things. Usually, it’s not LOL

Your mom and sister must be so cool to go to for advice – thats wonderful that you have such great support 🙂

10. Actually, lately Ms. Weber, I’ve found myself turning to you for advice. 😛

11. CateS says:

In high school, a good friend said that ‘friends always support you and your decisions, even if they disagree.’ Loved the excerpt!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Tawny says:

Cate, those are SUCH wise words, and so true. I know I’ve made many a’decision that my friends didn’t agree with or think was wise. A few that they probably thought were straight up crazy. But they are still always there for me, even to clean up the mess left behind by my bad decisions LOL.

Thanks so much for checking out the excerpt 🙂

12. Nicole S says:

Hi Tawny!! Loved Fearless!

When I need advice I go to my brother and he comes to me. We’re always there for each other for when we need to vent and advice. My mom is also I person I turn to, she’s a great listener.

Hi Nicole and thank you so much 🙂

WOW! Brotherly advice is one I haven’t heard yet. That is so great that you and your brother (and your mom *g*) have such close relationships.

I have a brother who is always there for me, but we’re more the ‘do each other favors’ type than advising types.

13. felicia sidoma says:

😆 The blurb is a good one. As for advice that depends on what is the matter. Most of the time I go to my sister and BF of 28 yrs. For sex/my BF. For anything else both my S/BF. The best advice was about getting married. Should I or not! there is a long story behind that. I can’t wait till I can read this book I have so many ?

Thanks so much, Felicia 🙂

Ahh, the marriage question 🙂 It sounds like you have a great story there! And some solid advice from both your sister and your BF 🙂

I hope you enjoy FEARLESS!

14. Chelsea B. says:

Definitely family, because I can be honest and unafraid to say what needs to be said. The best advice? “Think before you speak.” Oldie but a goodie 😉

Hi Chelsea 🙂

Oooh, there is so much to be said for families giving honest advice! And opinions… sometimes I wish my family was a little more like my friends in offering opinions LOL. Because it comes right down to what you said – Think before you speak!

Hmmm, I need to work on that myself 🙂

Hi Tawny. So glad you could join us here at MM. As Edie mentioned above, your dialogue was hysterical. Unfortunately, unlike Edie, I was drinking something at the time. Good thing it was water, so it wasn’t a mess to clean up. 😳

As far as who I would go to for advice? Certainly no one male. My SIL has an opinion for most everything and while I will take her advice in many instances, there is some moments when I know not to follow her advice. 😀 And there are times when I will ask my boss, Susan, for advice. She definitely has her head on straight.

• Tawny says:

*wince* Sorry about that, Liz. 😀 Well, sorta sorry LOL. I am glad the excerpt made you laugh.

Thats a great point -sometimes advice is better from one source or another, depending on the topic. I know I trust the advice I get on writing from my writing friends more than my adorable husband, but I’d take his advice on almost every other thing except child birth. For that, he wasn’t much help *g* Oh, and hair. He’s lousy at hair advice. Poor man grew up in a non-Clairol household, so the ‘should I go blonde or pink’ question used to freak him out. Now that he’s hearing it from our daughters, he does have the advice down, though… “Go ask your mother.” 😀

• Tawny says:

Oops, Liz, I forgot to say thank you for the welcome 🙂 Its been an awesome day.

16. bn100 says:

Nice post. My family and friends

17. marilynbrant says:

So glad you could be with us on Magical today!!
    LOVED your excerpt! As for advice, usually my girlfriends. There’s one that I get together for coffee with every week without fail…it’s been wonderful to know that anything that comes up during the week, I can discuss with her ;).
    marilynbrant`s last blog was …USA Today Bestseller List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tawny says:

Hi Marilyn, and thank you!

Oh, a weekly coffee chat (hopefully with something delicious to eat to go with that coffee) and a great friend sounds fabulous – thats the kind of thing that keeps a person happy and on the right track.

18. Kristine R says:

Hi Tawny I always turn to my big sister for advice

• Tawny says:

Hi Kristine 🙂 YAY – I hear big sisters are fabulous for advice. At least, thats what my youngest daughter says about her big sister LOL. Thats awesome that you have a great sister to turn to 🙂

19. Renee Entress says:

Hi Tawny,
    Congrats on the release of FEARLESS. Excerpt sounds great! Totally loved the book!

When I need advice I go to my brother and/or my mom. We’ve always there for each other anytime we need to vent and give/get advice.

20. Cate S you’re Tawny’s winner! email me at and I’ll hook you two up!