Ghosts, Angels, Heaven and More

Dead PeopleI didn’t see any ghosts or angels trick or treating at my house, but last week was their time. It’s odd that we have so many paranormal books out with creatures I don’t believe exist: zombies, vampires, werewolves and demons. But there are paranormal beings that I believe in. Ghosts, for one. I wrote a book with a ghost as a character, and I wrote a book about a dragon who, through the centuries, changed into a man. I don’t believe in dragons changing into a man, but I do believe that people who die could linger. They might be attached to their bodies or a living being that they aren’t ready to leave. I haven’t seen any ghosts, but I would love to. I wouldn’t be afraid, because I don’t think a ghost would harm me.

Angels. I believe in an afterlife – also known as “heaven.” In this heaven, I think there are wise beings that might or might not have been in human form who watch over us. And they might be the beings we call angels. Again, I haven’t seen these beings, but sometimes I imagine they are surrounding me, wishing me well and giving me love. It makes me feel better. Full confession, I sometimes feel that departed members of my family are watching me and sending me love. I feel their love, like it’s a physical thing. It’s pretty…wonderful.

Galaxy GirlsAliens. I’ve written a book about female aliens who came to earth, and the male aliens who came after them. Researching for this blog, I found a Huffington Post Poll, and apparently most of us believe there’s life of other planets, but not necessarily intelligent life. I believe in aliens. In all the many planets in the universe, how can there not be life? They wouldn’t look like us. Maybe they’d be more like an insect or a tree with legs instead for roots in order to survive on their planet. But that insect or tree could very well be much more intelligent than us.

Bigfoot. I think there are a lot of hairy, big-footed creatures around. I know a few, and they’re all too human, even if they sometimes make strange noises.

What about you? What do you believe in? Have you had any paranormal experiences?

This entry was posted in Edie's Posts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Ghosts, Angels, Heaven and More

1. Edie,

If I were drawn to paranormal and generally I’m not, I’m more likely to go with a ghost story if they are friendly not wicked. It’s why I loved your ghost stories and read them.

I don’t care much for other types of paranormal, probably because I’m not a believer, but if I do read a vampire or witch/warlock one, it’s got to be not to frightening and with some humor.

I’m odd this way and admit it. But life is scary enough in reality, I don’t need my reading free time to be spent that way. 😉
    Casey Clifford`s last blog was …A Thoughtful Critique

• Edie Ramer says:

Casey, you’re a sweetheart! You’re not odd that way at all. I enjoy Misty Evan’s Witches Anonymous series, with Satan as the love interest for the same reasons you stated.

I do read darker paranormal stories, especially books written by my friends, but if there’s too much torture or horror, then it’s not for me.

2. marilynbrant says:

I’ve had a few experiences that I completely can’t explain that make me think ghosts or angels might just exist… As for aliens, I have to believe that intelligent life is out there somewhere. I mean, the size of the universe is beyond mind-boggling, right?! And you know how much I’ll always love Noah from Dragon Blues!! Kinda wish there were dragons out there who could turn into men… 🙂
    marilynbrant`s last blog was …Happy Halloween!

• Edie Ramer says:

Marilyn, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re an angel. lol (Ooo, book idea!)

Totally agree about aliens. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been watching us and they put us on their Not To Be Visited list.

I love Noah, too. I’d liked to do short stories with him in it, but I just don’t have the time.

• marilynbrant says:

You are too, too sweet, Edie ;). I’m sure no one in my family considers me remotely angelic, but it’s a sign of your kind nature that you think such nice things…thank you.
        And if you ever have time to write one of those stories about Noah, I’ll be first in line to buy it!! xox
        marilynbrant`s last blog was …Happy Halloween!

• Edie Ramer says:

Marilyn, maybe I don’t know your naughty side. lol

And thanks about Noah. Some day when I can afford an assistant, I will write Noah’s stories.

3. Amy R. says:

Hi Edie – You know, I have never really, truly thought about it. My kids haven’t ever asked the question about ghosts so I haven’t really had to think about my answer to them. I am not sure I truly know the answer to that. We believe in God and we know God is omnipresent and we believe in Angels. I have never seen a ghost or experienced anything paranormal that I know of. And as far as aliens? Never really thought about the likelihood of that either. I just don’t know. 🙂
    Amy R.`s last blog was …Character Interview & Giveaway: SOUTHERN FRIED BLUES by Jamie Farrell

• Edie Ramer says:

Amy, that’s interesting. I’m a bit fascinated by all of these subjects. I’ve read alien sighting books, and I’d love to see a ghost – especially of someone I’ve known in real life.