Happy Holidays With Jokes, Jell-O & Jelly Beans

Happy Holidays everyone! I can’t believe it’s December. This year just flew by! As 2013 comes to a close, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite things. The first is my love of holiday jokes. I know they’re cheesy, but I just loving telling them.

Where did Mrs. Frosty meet Mr. Frosty?
At the Snow Ball.

What holiday drink really gets on your nerves?
Eggnag.

Hee Hee

I could go on and on, but I’ll stop there.

The second is my love of cooking for holiday get-togethers. There are a few dishes my family always requests I make. So in keeping with Edie’s theme of sharing recipes, here is my recipe for Pretzel Jell-O:

IMG_0722First layer:  ½ C melted butter
½ C sugar
1 ½ C crushed stick pretzels

Combine and press into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.

IMG_0724Second layer:  ½ C sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
9 oz (or thereabouts) Cool whip topping

Blend and spread on first layer. Put in freezer to chill for 30 minutes.

Third layer:  6 oz strawberry Jell-o
2 C boiling water
20 oz frozen strawberries

Mix Jell-o and water then stir in frozen strawberries. Pour on top of second layer. Put in fridge and eat when firm. Enjoy!

IMG_0727

And lastly, I wanted to share a video that I came across and really loved. In my latest release, HER ACCIDENTAL BOYFRIEND, Shane, my hero, often calls Kagan, my heroine, by her nickname, Jelly Belly. And well, when I saw this video, I couldn’t help but think about the characters I’d written. But more importantly, I thought about my own story – the one already composed, but also the one still being written. “The Time You Have (in Jelly Beans)” reminded me not to take a single day for granted.

So tell me, what are you doing today? Leave me a comment and you’ll be entered to win a $10 gift card to the online store of your choice. I’ll post the winner’s name on Thursday.

Best wishes for a wonderful December and very happy New Year!

This entry was posted in Robin's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Happy Holidays With Jokes, Jell-O & Jelly Beans

Robin, the video is wonderful! I’m definitely making that recipe sometime, too. Thanks for being so informative!

As for what I’m doing today, I’m pretty sure I’ll be finishing the big revision of my book. Maybe that’s why I’m in such a good mood! That and your great blog. :)

2. Amy R. says:

Hi Robin – cool video! We all need reminders like that. Love your jokes, too. Here is our favorite one:

What did one snowman say to the other?

Do you smell carrots?

HAHAHAHA!

Today, I am working. Not real exciting, but gotta pay the bills.

Happy Holidays all!
    Amy R.`s last blog was …Cover Reveal & Excerpt: PLAYING FOR LOVE AT DEEP HAVEN by Katy Regnery

3. Linda Townsend says:

I do love your jokes! I’ve got to go to work… should have been there already but I just had to check out Facebook 1st. LOL!

Have a wonderful day Robin! I hope it’s warmed up for you!

Linda

Hi Robin,

I love that video! Not the recipes so much – can’t stand jello. lol My kids might enjoy them though! Thanks!
    Dale Mayer`s last blog was …Knock, Knock… book 5 of the Psychic Visions series is on SALE now!

Robin, I have to try that recipe! Sounds like an easy one that is also tasty. Thanks for sharing that, the joke (I love holiday jokes), and the video. It’s been such a pleasure getting to know you this year. Happy holidays and here’s to a fabulous 2014!

6. I’m spending the day with Robin Bielman! No jelly bellies. No jello. But it’s one of my favorite ways to spend a bean!
    Samanthe Beck`s last blog was …See YOUR NAME in a Brazen Romance Novel!

7. marilynbrant says:

Robin,
    What a great post!!
    I loved the video you shared…it’s a wonderful reminder…and I’m definitely trying that recipe! My hubby and son like all of the ingredients in it (and so do I!!), so I know they’ll enjoy it. Thank you ;).
    xox
    marilynbrant`s last blog was …Cover Reveal: ALL I EVER WANTED!!!

8. elena k says:

nice video, I miss shane and kagan! yummy recipes too! today is too cold to do anything special, so I cooked some cake and watched with my boyfriend movies next to our christmas tree! xoxo

9. Mona Kekstadt says:

Hi Robin,
    Love pretzel…I’ll have to write this down…my friend used to make this all the time…
    New Year’s Eve and her family functions she had her house…it was so good…
    Once her BFF and we confiscated it and ate half of it…no one seemed to minded it…
    She always made jello…

I’m a new reader, and just deciding which book to start of yours…any suggestions?
    Mona 😃

• Hi Mona! It’s nice to meet you! I’m so happy I could share the recipe with you. LOL that you and your BFF confiscated it! It is super delish, isn’t it? I think it’s the combination of sweet and salty.

And you are so sweet to ask about my books – thank you! Umm, if you like sweeter romances, you could start with Kissing the Maid of Honor. If you like them a little bit steamier, my New Year’s Eve novella, Yours At Midnight, might be fun this time of year.
      Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar

10. Mona Kekstadt says:

Hi again….
    Robin I’m such in idiot….I forgot to put pretzel jello…love your jokes…there so cute…LOL…
    Have a great day….I’ll order couple of your books….😃
    Mona

11. JL Hammer says:

What an amazing video. It really puts things into perspective. My daughter watched it with me and demanded that with so little time, why waste more than a 1000 days of her life doing chores. :lol:

12. Shari says:

I work tonight , then I am off for the next 5 days. Will be getting everything done. Baking, cards, wrapping and then mailing everything. I will find some time to read though and watch some holiday movies .

• Hi Shari! Woot for 5 days in a row off work! Have fun! What are you baking and do you need my address? ;) hehe It sounds like you’re going to have a wonderful few days. I’m actually going to be doing some baking tonight, too. Thanks so much for stopping by here!
      Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar

13. Hi Robin,

I had a good day with my gal pals and then finished off my Christmas shopping. Now, I’m cooking dinner and going to spend a few hours writing!

Loved the blog today. And the Pretzel jello is wonderful!!

Charlene

• Hi Charlene! You finished your shopping? Oh man, I am so far behind! I was out today with my son doing some shopping for him. He’s going on a trip next week and needed a bunch of stuff. I hope to write some tonight too. Bake, write, bake, write. Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar

14. Chelsea B. says:

I am chillin’ like a villain and binging on the second season of American Horror Story. It’s most wicked yet! Creepy-deepy.

15. Marcy Shuler says:

Hi Robin.

I love pretzels and that dessert looks great. I’m in Michigan and we’re getting slammed by lake effect snow, so I’m staying inside and procrastinating instead of wrapping and boxing Christmas gifts that need to be mailed. Ugh. I like choosing the gifts, but packaging them up just makes me go Bah Humbug. LOL

• Hi Marcy! Just reading the words lake effect snow made me shiver! LOL Stay warm! And I so know what you mean about shopping and then packaging. I’m a horrible wrapper, so I always leave it to the last minute. Happy holidays!
      Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar

16. Barbara Elness says:

Cool video, thanks for sharing, and I loved the recipe as well. Today I was helping plan our Christmas lunch for work, which is this Friday. And texting with my friend and my sister. Although both are far away, I’m able to keep in touch with them via the awesome technology of today.

• Hi Barbara! Have a great time on Friday! What’s for lunch? And it is nice to feel close to the people we care about with texts and such. It’s crazy to think about what technology we’ll have in the coming years, too, isn’t it? Thanks so much for commenting – another fun way to keep in touch! :)
      Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar

17. Kimh says:

Looks great yum working tritig to get some sleep

18. What a great video, Robin, thanks for sharing. I’m cleaning my house and writing today. All very exciting ;)
    Michelle Diener`s last blog was …Mistress of the Wind Publication Date Moved Forward

19. Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the comments! The random winner of my giveaway is Elena K.! Congratulations, Elena! And happy holidays and best wishes to everyone!
    Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar