Stealing Justice (Justice Team Series, Book 1) Cover Reveal!

I’m a fan of the TV show Scandal. Ever watched it? If you love secret government entities, conspiracy theories, political scandals, and star-crossed lovers, this show is for you.

And let’s not forget the copious amounts of wine they consume every week. One day last month, I was catching up on all the episodes in a wanton Scandal marathon, and one of my sons kept bopping in and out, only catching bits and pieces. His comment: “they sure drink a lot of wine on this show.” Being in love with the president – a man you can never have a real relationship with - and discovering your father was responsible for the death of your mother, who’s really not dead…well, watch the show and you’ll understand the need for alcohol! :)

The fabulous Adrienne Giordano and I have co-written the first book in a new romantic suspense series. If you like Scandal, you’ll love STEALING JUSTICE. Think of it as a cross between the political intrigue of Scandal and the FBI cases of Criminal Minds.

Boy, was it fun for me to pit my hot FBI hero, Justice “Grey” Greystone, against Adrienne’s super sexy heroine, Sydney Banfield, in the hunt for a serial killer who believes he’s above the law. Grey and Syd are diametric opposites, but when they come together – major fireworks! Here’s the blurb:

If you love Scandal, you’ll love Stealing Justice…

Justice “Grey” Greystone was fired from the FBI for insubordination. Now the FBI wants him to use his renegade skills to take down a serial killer who’s above the law. To trap the Lion, Grey will need to send the perfect woman undercover.

Sydney Banfield runs a women’s shelter and bends the law daily to help victims of abuse escape their painful lives. Three of the women she’s recruited for government jobs have become victims of the Lion. If Syd has her way, the vicious killer will never touch another woman again.

Grey and Sydney set a trap—with Sydney as the sexy bait—but the Lion adds a complex twist to his homicidal agenda. With Sydney’s life on the line, Grey must race against the clock to catch a killer who’s as unstoppable as he is evil.

There’s corruption, political intrigue, and cupcakes. Oh, and there’s wine, of course!

So if you like a good, scandalous story, join Adrienne and me on Tuesday, January 14th, for the release of STEALING JUSTICE, the first book in our co-written, nail-biting romantic suspense series. We’re having a Facebook party with 13 other authors to celebrate and you could win prizes, including gift cards, swag packs, and print copies of SJ signed by both of us. You won’t be disappointed!

And now for the cover reveal…
MistyEvans_StealingJustice_800px

Isn’t it gorgeous? I absolutely can’t wait for release day and the Facebook party! See you all on 1-14-14!!

About Misty Evans

USA Today Bestselling Author Misty Evans writes the award-winning Super Agent series, as well as urban fantasy and paranormal romance. She likes her coffee black, her conspiracy theories juicy, and her wicked characters dressed in couture. When her muse lets her on the internet to play, she’s on Facebook and Twitter.
This entry was posted in Misty's Posts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Stealing Justice (Justice Team Series, Book 1) Cover Reveal!

Misty, the cover is awesome! Love the blurb, too. Congrats to you and Adrienne on such a great concept!

I don’t watch Scandal, though I keep thinking I should. I’ll probably pick up Season 1 sometime, stock up with popcorn, and do a marathon watch.

• Misty Evans says:

Thanks, Edie! I love this couple…and I can’t wait to write the next book in the series. It’s so fun sharing the writing experience with another author, and these two characters were different from ones I’ve previously written. I had to get out of my author box a lot!

2. Amy R. says:

Hi Misty! I love the cover of this. Very nice. Although, where are the cupcakes? Ha. I can’t wait to read this book in it’s completed form! I always love your and Adrienne’s books. Congratulations!
    Amy R.`s last blog was …Review: RETURN TO YOU by Julie Cross

3. Hi Misty! Stealing Justice sounds awesome! I’m so excited for you! Okay, I have a question… How do you write with a writing partner? Do you alternate chapters? Sit together and write? Each write different scenes?

Congratulations!
    Robin Bielman`s last blog was …My Favorite Cookie Bar

• Misty Evans says:

Robin, it was so fun working with Adrienne. We’re friends with similar writing styles, similar stages in life (kids and hubbies, sporting events and car pooling), and we’re both business women. We often brainstorm stories and give each other advice on promo, etc. So it was a natural leap to try co-writing a story.

Adrienne wrote the heroine and I wrote the hero. We used Google Docs whenever possible to write together. When that wasn’t possible, we wrote scenes/chapters separately and sent them to the other for feedback. It was a great excuse to talk on the phone and get together for lunch a lot. :)

On the business side of things, we drew up an agreement, and split everything down the middle. We’ve found that we complement each other on the big picture stuff as well as the details. Like I said, it’s been very fun and rewarding to launch this series, and I can’t wait to get back to the laptop and get the second book hammered out.

4. marilynbrant says:

What a fab cover, Misty!! And I love the premise. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres to read, and I have no doubt that you and Adrienne wrote a wonderful story together :). Looking forward to celebrating your release next month!
    marilynbrant`s last blog was …Happy 238th, Jane Austen!

• Misty Evans says:

Thank you, Marilyn! I love that cover too. We went through several versions with different couples and none of them were quite right. Finally found this couple and the light bulb went on!

Awesome!!! This looks a great read! And major congrats on getting out of your author box! That’s a challenge sometimes!
    Dale Mayer`s last blog was …Knock, Knock… book 5 of the Psychic Visions series is on SALE now!

• Misty Evans says:

I didn’t even realize I was in a writing box, Dale, until Adrienne and I started working on this story. As the chapters progressed, I felt like I got my writing groove back…it was freeing. That’s why I’m excited to write the next book now. I love these characters and the freedom I have writing them. :)

6. Huge congrats to both you and Adrienne, Misty! The cover and the concept are wonderful!