Down To The Crunch

Christmas Tree.2Here it is … just a few days before Christmas and I, for one, do not have everything ready. We were late in getting the tree up and decorated, late in getting all of the gifts purchased, and hell — I’m not even going to think about the wrapping of these said gifts.

However, I have to try to weigh that against what I have accomplished. At this point, most of the decorating is done, Christmas cards were written out and sent before the end of November, and a good portion of the gifts have been purchased and I just need a quiet moment to get them wrapped. Seems like either the hubby or the little darlin’ are always around when I’m trying to take care of that little task.

Not sure why its taking so long to get everything done. The general consensus is that Thanksgiving was late this year but I’m not sure I’m buying that. I get the feeling that procrastination had a lot to do with it in my case. That, and the fact takes me three times as long to do anything at the moment. I’m still using a walker and that tends to limit me in a lot of ways.

The writing has also taken a back seat to a lot of stuff. I really don’t know how full time writers find the time to get in their daily word count while juggling their everyday work load and then have that added interruption of the holiday preparations thrown in for good measure. I’m in awe.

I’m hoping everything will settle down with the new year. I have a book to revise … and then probably revise again before I can even think about handing it over to my agent.

What about you? Are you ready for the madness of the holiday season, or are you one of those people who’ve managed to get everything done … and then still have time to write?

About Liz Kreger

Liz Kreger writes science fiction/romances and to date, has two books published by Samhain Publishing ... FORGET ABOUT TOMORROW and PROMISE FOR TOMORROW. Liz is presently branching out to contemporary paranormals and is experimenting with urban fantasy.
This entry was posted in Liz's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Down To The Crunch

Liz, you inspire me! It is hard to get things done when your family is around. I have the same thing with my hubby having so many vacation days that he saved for the end of the year. And having a daughter around… Actually, I’d love to have a daughter around, but mine have fur. Sons are good, too. :)

My writing is definitely taking a hit this season, though I had all my gifts done early this year. What I’ve put off is cleaning, and I’m starting that today. I would rather be wrapping gifts!

• Liz Kreger says:

I have to admit, Edie, that I enjoy wrapping gifts. And this year I’m in craft mode, so it’s taking me far too long to wrap. I nit-pick until I’m satisfied … which is kinda stupid since the wrapping is going to get ripped to shreds come Christmas morning. :shock:

Liz, you’ve gotten the important stuff done! Taking care of yourself and spending time with your daughter will be more rewarding anyway. :)

I’ve written like a fiend this month, trying to catch up. Fell behind in October and November taking care of my parents. So I didn’t send cards and I’ve cut down on baking. Still made plenty of cookies, but some things had to go. One of my publishers is now asking me to get edits and galleys done by December 30th. Ack! Not going to happen. We have too many get-togethers and out of town celebrations. I work hard year-round and I want to enjoy my holidays.

Merry Christmas!

• Liz Kreger says:

I like your attitude, Misty — in that you’d rather enjoy the holidays. I totally agree. Even the hardest writer has to take a break once in awhile. Although, given how hectic this time of year tends to be …

Hope your folks are doing okay. My mom is getting released from a rehab nursing home where she was recovering from some heart problems. It’s nice that she’s going home, but I get the feeling that she’s not ready for it yet.

Hi Liz,

I would love to say that I have everything done, but the truth is I’ve been out every day and will be going out tomorrow as well. Groan. On top of that I’m finding it insanely difficult to do any sort of work!

there are another 25k to be written this month – just shoot me now! :)

lol

A very merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Dale Mayer`s last blog was …Knock, Knock… book 5 of the Psychic Visions series is on SALE now!

• Liz Kreger says:

Ick. Sounds like you have a lot to get through, Dale. Good luck with the word count. I still gotta get out tonight and pick up one last gift. Luckily I can get gift cards at the local Walgreens. Makes it so much easier.

MERRY CHRISTMAS right back atcha.

4. Liz, I’ve taken the approach that I can only do what I can do. This has been my busiest December ever writing, work and family wise and yep, I’m behind. And tired. LOL Last night I fell asleep at 8! That never happens. Happy holidays and best wishes to you and your family!
    Robin Bielman`s last blog was …Happy Holidays!