A Few Of My Favorite Things

Happy 2014! It’s really hard for me to believe it’s a new year. I swear time is moving faster and I’d sort of like the world to stop so I could get off for a little while. Catch up. You know?

But alas, the time fairies haven’t found me yet, darn it. Anyway, I’ve been reading so many wonderful Best of 2013 posts and so I thought I’d talk about a few of my favorite things this past year. Since I still feel like a newbie around here and it’s only my fourth post, hopefully this will also serve as a way to get to know me a little better. Here goes…

2013 found me spending a lot more time at my favorite place to be: the beach. I’m ready to set up my tent and move in. Who’s with me?

IMG_0741I believe I also consumed more of these in 2013 than in previous years. I have a huge sweet tooth and well, who can resist the yummy goodness of a cupcake wrapped up in neat little individual portion? Not me.

IMG_0767

One of my favorite things for the past three years has been this little guy. His name is Harry and he’s the best dog in the world. He’s named after one of my all time favorite fictional characters, Harry Dresden. My kids like to mess with me and call him Harry Potter, who I do love, but not like HD.

IMG_0535This past year has been a true blessing as far as my writing goes. I had two books and one novella published and signed contracts for many more books to come. That’s just crazy pants! And I couldn’t be happier or more excited. I could use more sleep, but hey, I’m not gonna complain. That’s why there’s mochas and lattes right?

Robin-Button

But my most favorite thing this past year as been my family, friends and readers. I’m a sentimental person. I’ll send a mushy card over a funny one. I like to say I love you and I adore you and You rock, because I truly mean those things. So all you awesome peeps out there who made my day with your kind words, wonderful gifts, camaraderie, help, advice, sense of humor, support, and care, thank you. You were one of the best parts of my year.

And thank you to the gals here at Magical Musings for including me in their family! It was one of the nicest things to happen to me.

th

This entry was posted in Robin's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A Few Of My Favorite Things

Robin, I love your pictures and your favorite things! Harry made me smile. And it is a great name! We’re happy to have you as a member of our group. :)

• Robin,
      You know we all feel so fortunate to have you with us at MM!! I agree with Edie that Harry is adorable, and I could eat every last one of those cupcakes, LOL! YUM. BTW, you’ve got me singing that song from “The Sound of Music” now, but I love that, too… :) May there be many more books and contracts ahead for you in 2014 and beyond!

• Hi Marilyn! Thank you! Being here with you guys really is an honor. And I may have eaten more than one of those cupcakes. Just sayin’. Thanks for good wishes! <3

• Hi Edie! Thank you! Harry is a cute name, isn’t it? Besides the fact he was named after someone. :) And I’m so happy to be here.

Hi Robin,

I’m right there at the beach with you! Or wish I was! Cupcake are not a big thing for me – thank heavens but like you I ‘enjoyed’ the things I do love a little too much this past year! Good luck with all your contracts. Sounds like 2014 is going to be spectacular! :)

3. Hi Robin

So great to have you as a member of the team. And like you, its the people in my life I’m most grateful for!

4. Shari says:

The thing that I have enjoyed the most in the last year is connecting with so many authors and readers, I love to share my joy of reading! Thank you

• Hi Shari! I’ve got to say, romance writers and readers are the nicest people ever! There is so much support and kindness. I’m grateful every day to be a part of it. Thank *you!*

5. Linda Townsend says:

Robin – YOU are the sweetest! I’m so glad I found you and your books this past year! I hope you have the most awesome 2014!

6. elena k says:

happy new year! I would love to have a cupcake, your book, your dog for snuggles and you for company! :smile:

7. Ada says:

Wow, those cupcakes look awesome! Wanna share some? :) Harry is adorable! Who could resist that cutie. Thanks for sharing your favorite things, Robin! All the best in 2014! :cool:

• Hi Ada! Of course, I’ll share. And I should mention, those are from Sprinkles and their banana cupcake is the *best* cupcake I have ever eaten. Oh my gosh, so yummy. Happy New Year!

Hey Robin. Welcome to the MM family. I know that I’m a real slacker when t comes to posting, but I do at the very least, read nearly every MM blog. Time just seems to constantly get away from me … but that’s material for a future blog.

Although I’m not a dog person, we do have a scruffy little guy named peanut. Part bichon and part maltese. His cuteness is pretty much the only thing that saves him. Your Harry looks like trouble to me. Something in his eyes …

Sounds like your 2013 was terrific. Here’s hopin’ that 2014 is just as good. :cool:

• Hi Liz! I love the name Peanut. The name alone means cuteness. And yeah, Harry can be a little bit of a troublemaker. But then he looks at you with those eyes and you forgive him. :) Wishing you a wonderful 2014!