Oh, For the Love of…Everything!

3cf186d8b55d6c468ecd2f8741158662

I love Pinterest. Every time I visit, I get lost. Kind of like when I enter a bookstore…I can spend hours in my own little world of magic, romance, and love. Total contentment.

If you need an idea for anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, the creative souls on Pinterest have it for you. Boards about anything and everything abound. But be warned…one search leads to another and another…

With Valentine’s Day approaching, I searched Pinterest for Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him. Lots of cute, crafty ideas. From personalized guitar picks (I’m married to a guy who can play everything from an electric guitar to a trumpet) to this inspiring keychain, there were tons of ideas:

c315fdd24ed1dd9e3b826ee3086a1063

But soon I was distracted looking at romantic places like those on this http://www.pinterest.com/freymuthc/favorite-places-spaces/

bfaa81f10b8951acbf9c3fb3e562021c24f8bb59e8489c8a74e5e8198a6e9684

And that led to fairy tale weddings… http://www.pinterest.com/beaucoupfavors/inspiration-boards/

Which led to owl cookies. Don’t ask.

ce67e2382fbac42e26923a5fdfa4d8d8

Before I knew it, I was back to my second favorite thing besides romance: books. There are so many awesome boards on Pinterest for bookophiles. Here are a few of my favorites:

So as Valentine’s Day approaches, I hope you enjoy an assortment of love, romance, and books! And if you need some inspiration or ideas for that special someone in your life, check out Pinterest. If you’re already on Pinterest, you can find me at: http://www.pinterest.com/mistyevansbooks/. Happy pining!

About Misty Evans

USA Today Bestselling Author Misty Evans writes the award-winning Super Agent series, as well as urban fantasy and paranormal romance. She likes her coffee black, her conspiracy theories juicy, and her wicked characters dressed in couture. When her muse lets her on the internet to play, she’s on Facebook and Twitter.
This entry was posted in Holiday Posts, Misty's Posts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Oh, For the Love of…Everything!

Robin, I’ve stayed away from Pinterest…but you’re tempting me. :twisted:

I don’t know if I’ll buy miy husband anything for Valentine’s Day. He’ll mostly likely buy me flowers. Maybe I’ll make a cake or cookies. I probably will read a romance on the 14th…and I’ll definitely be writing one. :)

Edie, I’m sure you and hubby do romantic things for each other every day. Enjoy reading your romance (and writing one too)!

3. Amy R. says:

Hi Misty – I am not on Pinterest every day, but when I do sign in I am usually stuck on it for a bit. One of my favorite reasons to go to Pinterest is to check out my author’s inspiration for their characters. It helps me see the book through the author’s eyes. I am not very good at visualizing even with great descriptions so I like to see what the author had in mind in the form of a photo (which is why I like both characters on a cover). And I love those book boards you posted above. I need to start one I think…Happy Valentine’s Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day, Amy! You should definitely have a book board. You could pin books and link them to your fab reviews on your review site. :)

5. Sue Peace says:

I once tried pinterest but it was a little confusing…lol… :oops:

• Misty Evans says:

Sue, it can be overwhelming, like any social media, until you find something you love. Then it’s a time suck…but in a nice way, I think. The boards inspire me all the time!

6. marilynbrant says:

Misty,
    I just followed you on Pinterest! I totally and completely get myself hooked whenever I start playing around on the site ;) . Very addictive for me…
    And I just LOVE those owl cookies — SO cute!
    Wishing you and your hubby a very Happy Valentine’s Day!
    marilynbrant`s last blog was …What Does the Groundhog Say?

7. Hi Misty! I’m not on Pinterest. I don’t have enough hours in the day as it is! But I do occasionally hop over there to look around and I like the links you shared – thank you!! I love how you got lost on so many fun tangents. And I agree with Marilyn, those owl cookies are too cute! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!! xo
    Robin Bielman`s last blog was …The Look of Love

• Misty Evans says:

Robin, time is always the issue, but I *allow* myself to play on Pinterest at least once a week. I get tons of ideas for stories there…so it’s actually research, right? ;-)

Happy Valentine’s Day to you, my dear!

8. I haven’t tried Pinterest yet, but it seems like everyone loves it and that there is lots of cool stuff on there.
    Jennifer Estep`s last blog was …Guest blog: Maria V. Snyder on a taste of romance …