Hey! It’s summer! Be free and happy and danceful and uninhibited and now-y! ~Terri Guillemets
I love that quote.
I love summer. Love the warm weather and sunshine and my kids having no homework. I love wearing flip-flops and extra sunscreen—cuz that means I’m spending the day outside! And right now I also love…
1. This song by Ed Sheeran. My hubby and I saw him in concert last week and he was awesome!
2. Taking hikes. I took this picture on a recent excursion. I’m not sure what the name of this flower is, but it was so pretty.
3. Indulging my sweet tooth with a little tiramisu gelato from Haagen-Dazs. Curse you, Haagen-Dazs for making something I can’t resist!
4. World Cup Fever. Everyone is into it! In a major way. And it’s so fun to connect over a sport that whether you follow it regularly, know the rules, or just like to watch some very cute athletes run up and down a field, brings everyone together.
5. The beach. Okay, I love the beach every day of the year, but I have especially happy memories of days at the beach during the summer months.
6. This book dedication page. Priceless.
7. Speaking of books, this summer I love that I have two new releases coming – one in July and one in August. Squee! Here’s a little sneak peek at my debut paranormal romance, Veiled Target…
“How do you know I was following you?” Oops. She meant to say, “What makes you think I was following you?”
He gave a knowing smile—that looked ridiculously sexy rather than irritating. “I know you don’t want to insult my intelligence so let’s just say for argument’s sake, if you were following me, why would that be?”
At least she’d gotten him to change his tone.
“Truthfully?” She leaned a little closer to him. She couldn’t help it.
“That would be nice.”
“I’m really not a very nice person,” she announced.
“Neither am I.” He reached out and moved a strand of hair behind her ear. Was he trying to confuse her? Because it was working. She’d nearly fallen into his hand before he pulled it away. He was indeed a very bad man.
“That’s good. I hate nice guys. So where does that leave us?”
“I haven’t got all night, Tess.” He lowered his chin, indicating—she presumed—he was growing tired of their banter.
She lifted an eyebrow. “No? That’s too bad. I’m a night owl. I can—”
“Answer my question before I haul you to your car over my shoulder.” His tone sent a little zing of pleasure right to the tips of her breasts.
“As if you could—” She was over his shoulder in one second flat. He moved swiftly, quietly and with superhuman strength. Uh-oh.
I’m so excited for readers to meet Hugh and Tess! I’ve got a fun little giveaway in anticipation here if you want to check it out.
8. And lastly, I love strawberries and apricots and white nectarines and pink lemonade with sugar around the rim of the glass and barbeques and setting my alarm clock a little later and birthdays & anniversaries and movies in the park and unscheduled outings and lazy days and fireworks and friends.
What do you love about summer?