Author, writer or reader, we all feel dry sometimes. Here are 5 places to find rejuvenation.
- London. There are 2 Alpha ++ cities in the entire world, according to Wikipedia. London and New York are both hubs in the global economy. Studded with restaurants, theaters, and libraries, and blessed with an amazing public transport system, London has centuries of history, learning, and arts to feed your mind and soul. Edie Ramer has just visited, ask her about her favorites. I personally enjoyed Shakespeare’s Globe Theater, the London Eye, the BBC, St. Paul’s, and All Flutes.
- Your basement or attic. Whichever one gives you less guilt. lol. As an adult these are places we shove taxes and yet to be unpacked moving boxes. But as a child, ah, these are mysterious places full of old, forgotten treasures. So try this. stick your head in your attic or take a short trip to the basement and close your eyes. Breathe in the scent and let it take you back to those days of mystery and adventure.
- The Grand Canyon. This is one of the places I have yet to go. I’ve heard it’s one of the few that lives up to expectation. Almost 300 miles long. Breathtaking scenery and nearly 2 billion years of geological goodies. The Colorado River. Mule rides. Some of the cleanest air in the US. Condors. How cool is that? I love visiting the Badlands so I hope to get here one day.
- A museum, travelogue lecture, iMax theater, observatory, conservatory, concert, park…? The important thing here is go someplace bigger (or smaller) than yourself, where you’ll see or hear something brand-new. Keep your phone in your pocket or purse and your eyes and ears open.
- Books. You don’t have to travel physically to refresh yourself. Treat yourself to a day reading, or just an hour. Move to a different room, pick a comfy chair or indulge in a warm scented bath. Have a selection of books to suit your whims. Biography, romance, history, fantasy, science or science fiction, just pick up a book and do your mind and heart a new world of good. (If you haven’t yet, why not pick up Entranced: A Halloween Box Set for just $0.99? 🙂 )
What’s your favorite way to refresh yourself?
Let’s get to know each other!
In these first months as a Magical Musings blogger, I’m sharing my 10 favorite things and hope to hear about yours. This is #5 Travel/Books (Travel for the mind and soul.) Please check out the latest from Edie Ramer, Dale Mayer, Michelle Diener, Liz Kreger and myself.
Holiday Feast from NY Times, USA Today and bestselling, award-winning authors offers nine exciting stories of romance and mystery, paranormal and contemporary, magical and mystical, ranging in lengths from novellas to short page-turning stories.
Escape to worlds featuring a vampire in love with a human, a powerful telekinetic, a secret lover, a spirit seer, a master magician, a wizard prince, a paranormal ass-kicker, and more.