I’m admittedly a sloooow reader, and I used to manage to read 30-40 books a year. Last year I read maybe 12-15. In 2015 so far? I’m at about 9 or 10. (What’s worse is that that includes 8 books I read as a judge for the Rita contest.)
- I edit stories all day. (Admittedly the best job ever.) When I finish, sometimes late at night, the last thing I feel like doing is picking up a book.
- I’m busy. I know, we all are. But still…2 teenagers, 6 pets, writing career, editing career, marketing freelance gigs, technical writing freelance gigs, 24 hours in a day…
- Did I mention I’m a slow reader?
So anyway, I used to go to RWA conferences and come home with boxes of books. Yes, plural. But the more attached I get to my Kindle, the less I’ve done that lately. And this year, I brought home less than 10 print books for myself. And I’ve decided I’M GOING TO READ THEM, dammit.
Which brings us to today’s lists. First, what I’m currently reading (and by currently, I mean I’ve been reading them for at least 2 months each, some of them longer):
- On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn (My first Julia Quinn and definitely not my last.)
- The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body by Sarah Ballantyne, PhD (Little known fact: I’m a natural healthcare and nutrition freak.)
- North Side Story: U2 in Dublin 1978-1983 by Niall Stokes (Because I’m a fan girl and not afraid to admit it.)
And last but not least, the 5 Books I Intend to Read Next:
- Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins
- The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla by Lauren Willig
- On a Night Like This by Barbara Freethy
Your turn. What are you reading and what’s on your to-be-read list?