Year End Reading

Hello, Magical Musings readers! For those that celebrate it, are you ready for Christmas? Have you finished your Christmas shopping? What about your reading goal?

I don’t usually set a reading goal for the year because I feel a number would put too much pressure on me. However, I am considering a new reading goal for 2016. A reading goal where I read a certain number of new authors or a new genre.

What about you? Do you set reading goals for this year? What type of goals do you set and did you meet them?

This entry was posted in Amy R's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Year End Reading

1. Mary Hughes says:

Hi, Amy,

Fun post! For pleasure reading, I don’t set goals. For work, I set goals as I need them, to improve on a specific area, like better plotting or character creation. Because my energy is limited, I tend to set daily goals rather than yearly 🙂

• Amy Remus says:

I totally understand that! It’s so hard to set goals when you really aren’t sure what or who you will learn about in the year. I like to leave my reading options open. 🙂

2. I used to set reading goals, but I have so little spare time anymore that I haven’t done that in a while now. I guess my goal for 2016 is to make more time to read books for fun instead of work.
    Jennifer Estep`s last blog was …More Gin books on the way …

• Amy Remus says:

I can imagine it is difficult to find time to read for a writer. It seems to be a common theme I here. I hope you get more time in 2016 to read!

I don’t set reading goals. Reading is a joy to me, but sometimes I’m too busy with my own books to read. Other times I binge read. Lately I’ve been reading some very good books, and that always inspires me to write better books.

• Amy Remus says:

I have been binge reading lately, too! I get behind on books from an author I like and then read several of theirs in a row. It is kind of fun to read several in a series all at once. 🙂

4. I use the Goodreads goal widget thingie. I’m not going to make my goal this year. Not unless I drop everything and read 20 books in the next 16 days. Umm, yah. Even then I don’t think it could happen. No big deal, though. I knew going into this year that I would be jammed, so I’m happy I read 80 books. I also have a yearly goal to read at least a few books I feel like I should’ve read when I was younger – classics, important authors in their genre, etc. I didn’t do too bad with that one this year. =o)

• Amy Remus says:

The Goodreads thing seems to be popular. I like how you said you try and set goals to read the classics, etc. I haven’t done that and really need to read at least one classic a year. I never read those in the past either. Good luck with your goals in 2016!